Our Internal Audit Group (IAG) plays a critical role in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of AIG. The team adds value through helping improve operations; bringing a rigorous approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
AIG has an opportunity for an Audit Manager to join our team in New York City. You will support our Actuarial, Science and Modeling Group and guide audit activities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Execute and lead audit engagements to ensure key risks and controls are properly identified, test procedures support the audit objectives, test procedures are completed in the budgeted timeframe and work performed support the conclusions drawn
• Conduct walk-throughs, process documentation (narratives/ flowcharts), risk and control assessments, establishing test procedures, and issue / report writing
• Document work performed and conclusions reached in accordance with IAG’s Global Audit Methodology
• Draft audit reports and effectively communicate results to key business stakeholders
• Conduct meetings with key stakeholders to monitor changes in the business strategy, impact of new products, changes in the operating and systems environment and emerging risks posed to the business to support our continuous risk assessment process
• Monitor and evaluate key business metrics to identify areas of focus or opportunities for improvement
• Analyze events/data to determine root causes and inadequate controls
• 5+ years of experience either as an Auditor with an emphasis on the insurance business, or an experienced Actuary or Underwriter willing to make a career change into an Internal Audit Group
• A strong background in data analytics desired
• CPA, CIA or other relevant industry certification is preferred
• Ability to execute audits with a minimal level of supervision
• Ability to translate managerial directions into a detailed work plan
• Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with clients and colleagues
• Effective writing and oral communication skills are required to clearly and concisely communicate audit results or other audit points as needed
• Team player mentality; holds self-accountable for the success of the team
• Bachelor's Degree
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.