We are seeking an Internal Audit Manager to join our Finance Audit team. Your focus will be on audits within Finance Operations and Corporate Finance; specifically, Global Sourcing and Procurement, Expense Management (Corporate FP&A), and Federal Regulatory Reporting.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Manage the execution of the audit plan which includes risk and control evaluation, testing, audit report issuance, work paper review, and follow-up and verification of issues closure.
• Continuously update the business risk and control environment assessments for the business areas assigned, through periodic client meetings, ad-hoc walkthroughs and data analytics.
• Communicate test results with the Internal Audit team and business management both verbally and through written audit reports.
• Provide constructive feedback and coaching to team members.
• Demonstrate a good level of relevant industry, accounting and operational knowledge, including understanding the relevance of SOX and/or regulatory implications.
• Collaborate with colleagues and internal stakeholders/management to perform risk assessments and develop audit programs for validating internal controls.
• Coordinate with other control functions such as Fraud Investigation team, SOX, Risk Management, Compliance, and external auditors to leverage review.
• Establish effective working relationships with stakeholders and colleagues.
• Involvement in multiple audits/projects, within a team environment.
• 8+ years audit experience and/or experience working with FP&A, accounting, treasury, or accounts payable
• Experience working in the insurance industry, financial services, or risk management, preferably in Internal Audit or Public Accounting
• 2+ years of experience managing others
• CPA license or other relevant industry certifications is preferred
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and ACL, Access)
• Bachelor’s degree, with preference in Accounting or Finance
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.