Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Consultant - Analytics (Full-Time) - Duke University - Deloitte
Ready for an exciting, fast-paced career? Have a passion for digging in to data, drawing conclusions and developing recommendations? As a Consultant in Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals while building your professional skills in a variety of analytical techniques and industry skills. You’ll be involved in developing data analysis plans, innovative analytics strategies, and designing and implementing a variety of solutions that help clients address challenging business issues.
Our Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory practice helps organizations effectively navigate business risks and opportunities—from strategic, reputation, and financial risks to operational, cyber, and regulatory risks—to gain competitive advantage. We apply our experience in ongoing business operations and corporate lifecycle events to help clients become stronger and more resilient. Our market-leading teams help clients embrace complexity to accelerate performance, disrupt through innovation, and lead in their industries.
Work you’ll do
You will analyze, manipulate and manage data to deliver meaningful insights necessary to help companies of all sizes and across multiple industries address regulatory and business challenges. Sample consultant responsibilities may include:
- Querying and analyzing small and large data sets to discover patterns and deliver meaningful insights
- Creating, managing, and utilizing structured and unstructured data stores
- Performing current state assessment of client analytics and data management capability
- Developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementation
- Mapping data flows and identifying optimal design and governance options as well as potential data quality risks
- Developing business solutions leveraging emerging automation, cognitive, and machine learning tools.
Data can often hold the key to future growth opportunities for many complex organizations. Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory helps our clients transform business issues into opportunities for growth and long-term competitive advantage. Our Analytics professionals make extensive use of data, statistical and quantitative analysis, rules-based methods, and explanatory and predictive modeling in order to bring insights to client issues in the financial, regulatory, forensic and transaction domains. Learn more about our team at Deloitte.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in the following majors with relevant analytics or data management focused coursework desired:
- Technology: Data Analytics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems
- Business: Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Analytics
- Math/Engineering: Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math, Statistics, Actuarial
- Strong communication, team building, teaming and presentation experience
- Prior experience working with and managing data sets, including extraction and merges from source systems, transformation, and providing preliminary descriptive analytics
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Travel up to 100% may be required, depending on role and location
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2 preferred)
- Additionally, we are seeking candidates with familiarity with a variety of analytics tools and programming languages such as, but not limited to:
- Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo Db
- Reporting Tools (e.g., Business Objects, Reporting Services)
- Big Data Tools (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Impala, Mahout)
- Machine Learning/Cognitive (e.g., Python, Mahout, CognitiveScale)
- Predictive Analytics/Data Mining: (e.g., IBM SPSS, SAS Enterprise Miner, RPL, Python, Matlab)
- Data Visualization Tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, Power Bi)
How you’ll grow
Through your variety of experiences at Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to develop analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential, no matter what career path you eventually choose. You will be continually challenged by your clients, your team members, and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring, counseling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. For new campus hires, we offer extensive onboarding and new hire training to help you hit the ground running. You’ll travel to Deloitte University for national new hire training that includes technical and soft skills training, as well as invaluable networking opportunities. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
• Post ID: 124500293 manhattan