Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Consultant (Full-Time) - Duke University - Deloitte (New York)
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As a Consultant in Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills in a variety of project experiences. Our Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory practice helps organizations effectively navigate business risks and opportunities—from strategic, reputation, and financial risks to operational, cyber, and regulatory risks—to gain competitive advantage. We apply our experience in ongoing business operations and corporate lifecycle events to help clients become stronger and more resilient. Our market-leading team’s help clients embrace complexity to accelerate performance, disrupt through innovation, and lead in their industries.
Work you’ll do
As a Consultant, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects leveraging your business or technology-related degree to help our clients more confidently make decisions to drive performance. You will help our clients embrace change, grow their business, accelerate performance, and navigate periods of crisis or controversy and emerge resilient.
The type of work you focus on will be influenced by your office placement and business needs. Your recruiter will be able to provide more information about our offices. Projects may include:
- Helping clients advance transparency, relevance, and the quality of information disclosed to the markets and investors so that they can meet regulatory and attestation requirements
- Inspecting accounting systems and controls for improvement opportunities, leveraging our methodologies to help clients improve their information technology controls or technology risk management programs, and/or participate in the development or execution of internal audit strategic plans
- Supporting clients with their most pressing regulatory and operational challenges. Helping them to identify, remediate, monitor, exploit, and manage enterprise risks and create value through implementing a compliant, resilient enterprise
- Assisting with compiling, analyzing, and documenting facts for matters under investigation or in litigation and helping clients manage and respond to internal and external investigations, regulatory concerns, litigation, and other business controversy
- Helping clients to embrace their most strategic risks, providing a platform of advisory services that enable senior executives to plan for, spot, assess, manage, and respond to brand and reputational, financial, catastrophic risks and unforeseen threats that could undermine their competitive position and jeopardize their critical assets, reputation or financial standing
We are strategic thinkers who help our clients transform unpredictable business issues into opportunities for growth, resilience, and long-term competitive advantage. Our professionals operate in the confluence of business, technology, and risk where most organizations face critical business issues related to risk management. Learn more about our Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degrees in the following majors will be considered:
- Accounting, Business Administration or related degree. A concentration in areas such as finance, management information systems, business analytics or other business technology related areas is a plus
- Technology-related degree such as Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Data Analytics, Engineering, Information Science/Management and Math
- Other majors will be considered with a concentration in accounting, business or a related area
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal communication skills, professional presence, and written communication skills essential to interacting with clients and teams
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to quickly and concisely research and collect data from unique places
- Ability to synthesize data and convey information in a meaningful way
- A strong understanding of Windows-based applications including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Travel (domestic and possibly international) up to 75% may be required, depending on role and location
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
- CPA exam eligibility for Accounting majors
- Relevant work experience or work experience in a professional environment (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs)
How you’ll grow
Through your variety of experiences at Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to develop analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential, no matter what career path you eventually choose. You will be continually challenged by your clients, your team members, and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring, counseling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. For new campus hires, we offer extensive onboarding and new hire training to help you hit the ground running. You’ll travel to Deloitte University for national new hire training that includes technical and soft skills training, as well as invaluable networking opportunities. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
• Post ID: 124500273 manhattan