Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Consultant - Valuation Engineering and Capital Projects
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As an Engineering and Capital Projects Consultant at Deloitte, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills in a variety of project experiences. You’ll be involved in helping our clients understand, analyze, and respond to various business opportunities and challenges presented by transactions and key business and investment decisions.
Work you’ll do
Our Engineering & Capital Projects professionals advise organizations through critical transactions and business events related to the capital asset life cycle. As a Consultant, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple project opportunities which may include:
• Helping clients deliver capital projects on-time and on-budget
• Conducting audits of large capital programs
• Assisting clients that are rebuilding their infrastructure following a crisis or natural disaster
• Conducting due diligence or valuing fixed assets and infrastructure as part of merger or acquisition
• Conducting engineering tax studies for newly constructed or acquired assets
• Assisting with researching various technical and industry specific issues
• Researching market issues and identify market opportunities
• Spending time on site with clients, getting an opportunity to see projects and assets first-hand
Our team provides services related to our clients’ capital investments in fixed assets and capital projects and include tangible asset valuation and capital projects. We assist clients with cost segregation studies and construction tax planning to help identify tax savings related to their fixed assets; pollution control certifications for federal tax purposes; valuing machinery and equipment for a variety of purposes including financial reporting, insurance, financing, federal tax, property tax; and assessing and improving fixed asset management processes. Our capital projects practice provides specialized resources to assist in our clients' efforts to improve the delivery of capital projects and help meet their program objectives. Learn more about our Valuation market offering at Deloitte.
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree required with preferred majors including Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field of study
• Relevant work experience (e.g. industry internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• Demonstrated leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Experience prioritizing tasks, working on multiple assignments and managing ambiguity
• Experience working independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Travel up to 40% may be required at times, dependent on role and location
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2 preferred)
How you’ll grow
Through your variety of experiences at Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to develop analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential, no matter what career path you eventually choose. You will be continually challenged by your clients, your team members, and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring, counseling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. For new campus hires, we offer extensive onboarding and new hire training to help you hit the ground running. You’ll travel to Deloitte University for national new hire training that includes technical and soft skills training, as well as invaluable networking opportunities. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Click here for more info: https://jobs2.deloitte.com/global/en/job/DELOA004X156100/Deloitte-Risk-and-Financial-Advisory-Consultant-Valuation-Engineering-and-Capital-Projects-Full-Time-Fordham-University-Grad
• Post ID: 132423962 manhattan