American International Group, Inc. has an opportunity for a Global FP&A Director in New York or Boston. You will be accountable for accurate budgeting for Property & Special Risks. Drive engagement with the business and with Finance colleagues in ensuring adequate visibility over budget inputs, and that it aligns with strategic objectives.
- Drive cultural ownership of budget, both within the business and within PSR Finance;
- Drive a culture of technical excellence within the PSR FP&A team;
- Enhance existing analysis and insights with respect to quarterly performance;
- Close partnership with fellow P&SR Finance team members with respect to all strategic analysis (e.g., business reviews, reinsurance);
- Accountable for any needed P&SR quarter-close activities;
- Drive the standardization of reporting across PSR, and fully implement the Finance Center model;
- Be the P&SR point of contact for both the Finance center and CTOM;
- Ownership of AAL and severe budget for PSR;
- Ownership of quarterly forecast process, and its accuracy (e.g., calculation of earned premium);
- Partner with actuarial, especially with respect to A vs. E and IBNR;
- Partner with the Chief Underwriting Office, so that Finance reporting integrates key CUO measures, resulting in more timely understanding of performance by the business;
- Technical expert on behalf of P&SR for other key groups/activities, e.g., the Corporate budget process, Americas Finance, etc.;
- Develop staff, and help the PSR Finance team be a net contributor to AIG’s talent pipeline.
Position Requirements: Key Experience: Key Capabilities:
-Property & Casualty insurance experience is required.
-Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative field (e.g. Accounting, economics, engineering, finance, mathematics)
-Experience of delivering diverse financial information requirements;
-Strong leadership and people management skills;
-Prior work experience in a multinational organization.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.