AIG's Internal Audit Group (IAG) plays a critical role in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of AIG. The team adds value through helping improve operations; bringing a rigorous approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
You will be part of a large and diverse firm working within a team-oriented environment of the Internal Audit Group. You will gain a unique view of AIG, as part of planning and executing on all aspects of the audit process and risk assessment activities and will build close working relationships with business and functional leaders, colleagues across other assurance functions, and within Internal Audit.
We are seking a Senior IT Auditor to execute assigned audits and deliver timely, high-quality, value-added assurance results in support of internal audit objectives and scope. The role is responsible for auditing applications for design and operating effectiveness of controls either as part of an application audit, integrated audit, functional audit, or continuous monitoring.
This role can be based either in our downtown Manhattan location, or our Berkeley Heights, NJ location
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Execute an audit from planning to fieldwork to reporting phase. Independently execute on assignments, including planning, executing and reporting on the results of audit work, and completing work paper documentation, in accordance with the AIG Internal Audit Group’s Standard.
• Understand, identify and evaluate key risks and controls and perform data analysis to facilitate risk assessment and technology control evaluation. Collaborate with colleagues and internal stakeholders/management to perform risk assessments and develop audit programs for validating internal controls.
• Articulate audit issues and draft audit findings in a concise manner.
• Establish effective working relationships with stakeholders and colleagues.
• Involvement in multiple audits/projects, within a team environment.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3 years of IT audit experience (e.g., application controls, IT general controls and pre-implementation) including some experience in internal auditing practices are required.
• A certified professional designation (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CIA) is preferred.
• Effective communications (orally and written) and negotiation skills ranging from presentation of control issues to stakeholders to reaching agreement on action target dates is required.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills to build relationships both internally and externally including ability to thrive within a team-oriented environment is required.
• Experience auditing applications residing on Mainframe, Windows, Unix, SQL, Oracle is preferred.
• Knowledge of COBIT 5.0 and/or ISO9000.
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and ACL, Access).
• Flexibility to travel to Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA, Wilton CT and Berkley Heights NJ for in-person meetings as required.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.