Tax Consultant Intern (Accounting) - Futures & Options Intern, Summer 2017 - Deloitte (New York)
This summer, jump start your career and take your business skills to the next level when you join Deloitte’s team. This is your chance to get a head start-even before you graduate. Join our group of interns and you'll get an inside look at what it's really like to work for a professional services organization.
Work you’ll do
In this position, you will be assigned to a group within in our internal services group such as Office Services or Information Technology Services. You'll gain real-world experience working on meaningful projects. You will have the opportunity to collaborate and consult with Deloitte professionals. You’ll use your exceptional organizational skills to meet deadlines and work with diverse groups of locally based professionals.
Office Services Intern:
• Assist the Client Experience team with tasks related to operations at 30 Rock
• Support may include working closely with the Hoteling, Business Center, Mail, Facilities, A/V and Tax Processing teams
• Position will include client-facing as well as project opportunities which will give candidates the opportunity to enhance communications, software and project management skills
Information Technology Services Intern:
• Unpack new laptops/pack end of lease laptops for return to lessor
• Pre-build machines using Deloitte’s standard image process
• Work with Procurement team on putting together new hire “kits”
• Assist with weekly laptop inventory; reconcile as required
• Assist with local printer support
• Set up local training rooms
• Provide assistance with large deployments (placing monitors for Tax interns or Tax users during busy season)
• Shadow senior technicians as they provide walkup support
• Ensure laptop peripheral drawers are adequately stocked
How you’ll grow
Throughout the internship program, we want to give you a true taste of life at Deloitte. That means a lot of support - both formal and informal. Guided by Deloitte professionals who can help you to learn more about Deloitte and your opportunities, you'll gain real-world experience working on various projects. Our opportunities are designed to help you develop technical and leadership skills, and help you begin building your professional network.
• Open to students who are pursuing any major
• Keen interest in professional services
• Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and leadership potential
• Ability to work independently and within a team culture
• 3.2 cumulative GPA strongly preferred
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law
• Post ID: 111802343 manhattan