Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG.
The Aircraft Finance Underwriting Specialist evaluates, underwrites, quotes and binds credit insurance policies that insure aircraft finance transactions for banks and other financial institutions.Performance Objectives:
• Develop productive relationships with the aircraft finance teams at top-tier financial institutions and their selected specialist brokers.
• Coordinate with Aviation underwriters and Investment portfolio managers to identify growth opportunities and ensure appropriate relative pricing.
• Analyze emerging market, OECD and domestic airlines, evaluate financial information, and recommend or approve appropriate credit limits and terms.
• Assess aircraft valuations and resale values using established tools and market knowledge.
• Prepare credit memos and help manage the approval process for aircraft finance transactions.
• Attend conferences and travel to meet key brokers and banks to support marketing and business growth objectives
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• A strong background (5+ years) in secured aircraft financing to include expertise in and knowledge of airline credit analysis, aircraft valuation; repossession and resale; and loan and security documentation as well as relevant experience with client relationship management and risk management.
• MBA or similar graduate degree preferred.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGInsurance| LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig