About the Job
Director of Applications and Online Services
The Public Theater is seeking an entrepreneurial Director of Applications and Online Services who will be responsible for the creation, enhancement, implementation and support/maintenance of the organization’s application and website environments. Lead major initiatives, such as digital transformation, to give customers and donors a superior experience and enhance the organization’s brand image. Online services include the organization’s website, collaborative initiatives, intranet, extranet, and enterprise applications, including Tessitura. Lead a team of internal professionals and external service providers to create and develop technologies that meet the needs of the organization.
- As a member of the senior management team, guide strategic decisions and resource allocation. Develop and update 5-year enterprise application plan by projecting future needs of enterprise software, databases and licenses. Estimate resource requirements to be incorporated into budgets/forecasts for enterprise application initiatives and enhancements. Manage resources to maximize output and minimize costs. Create and maintain strong management reporting and analysis tools to measure success of implementing 5-year enterprise application plan.
- Identify how specific enterprise applications can improve institutional customer-facing and internal business processes. Collaborate with stakeholders to develop solutions for the organization to better utilize technologies to improve its capabilities. Conduct technical reviews of products or solutions to compare and evaluate their applicability. Direct the development and support of enterprise applications. Resolve issues related to media platforms and applications. Ensure that processes meet expectations for federal, state and community privacy and security.
- Oversee Tessitura use environment. Ensure the organization makes the best possible use of Tessitura in its capacity as ticketing, CRM, development, prospecting, and membership system. Work with departments and technical staff to design, test and integrate Tessitura functionality. Spearhead Tessitura projects with Power User Group (PUG), collaborating on cross-departmental challenges.
- Direct the development, creation, implementation and operations of web services that enhance the user experience. Manage a web development project list in collaboration with web staff and departments. Respond to internal stakeholders and customer issues in order to prioritize pipeline for development. Lead web development team and projects in testing and implementing new features, site improvements and bug fixes.
- 7+ years of information technology experience.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in managing people, projects and budgets.
- Proficiency strongly preferred in Tessitura and Tessitura-related applications, SSRS, Infomaker, SQL Server Suite, Microsoft Suite.
- Familiarity with web based software applications
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage among multiple concurrent projects with competing and unpredictable schedules.
- Attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge in diagnostic data gathering.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Good verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills especially involving technical subjects.
- Open to change, embracing innovation and acquiring the knowledge, skills and abilities to effectively adopt and use digital technology.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 129265148 manhattan