External Communications Senior Manager, Office of CEO - E17NATSSMGRJK222-CL6 - Deloitte (New York)
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:27 AM
External Communications Senior Manager, Office of CEO
Deloitte’s Communications team provides value to the U.S. Firms by delivering innovative communications strategies and approaches for internal and external audiences. We build and protect our brand, and help our leaders influence positive behaviors, drive change, reinforce successes, and promote a strong sense of community through coordinated, consistent messaging. From concept to execution, we help our leaders reach key stakeholders and achieve a consistent standard of excellence using proven communication approaches. If you want to be a part of this dynamic team, apply now!
What you’ll do:
As a Communications Senior Manager, you will support Deloitte’s Chief Communications Officer for the Office of the CEO in delivering innovative external communications strategies that build and protect the firm’s brand and reputation, position the firm as a thought leader, attract top talent, ensure consistent messaging, and position the business to win work.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to drive the overall external communications objectives and programs designed to strategically position Deloitte in the marketplace. Serve as a key media contact and is responsible for enhancing and cultivating relationships with the media and public relations industry. Oversee the development and execution of programs and press materials. Prepare leaders to represent the Firm in a positive manner and help manage media communications around sensitive situations.
- Drive external eminence for the Firm and overall media coverage. Responsible for managing Deloitte’s public relations agency relationship for the Office of the CEO and proactively pitching stories to media for positioning the Firm and senior leadership as specialists on key business issues. Oversee all aspects of the development of public relations activities and press materials.
- Act as an advisor and provide technical strategic counsel to senior leadership. Implement coaching techniques to prepare spokespeople and leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements.
- Ensure that the team abides by the Firm’s guidance on managing risk concerns.
- Work closely with Deloitte’s Public Relations Center of Excellence to ensure media programs are coordinated and to tap into additional resources.
Qualifications Required: Communications professional with a minimum of 12+ years relevant experience A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism, is required Proven success in developing and executing external communications strategy and communications plans for a large business, preferably in professional services Ability to successfully engage and lead team members, providing effective guidance, coaching and capability development, maintaining close understanding of all team activities, ensuring high quality for all activities/deliverables, and implementing course corrections when needed Experience in successfully managing and delivering sensitive, crisis and executive communications requests in a large-scale corporate environment preferred Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies and approached SharePoint 2010 or 2013 site management experience strongly preferred. Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Word. Knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs. Preferred: Advanced degree Experience working directly for public relations agencies or managing as a client How you’ll grow At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte’s culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. Recruiter tips We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. #LI:PTY
• Location: Manhattan
• Post ID: 96079049 manhattan