What you’ll be doing...
Join our Smart Venues team where you will work with existing Verizon infrastructure and incorporate new technologies to develop innovative ways to empower venue operators to deliver the ultimate fan & visitor experience. In addition, you will be tasked with managing outputs from a number of university engagements. The Smart Venues group is part of the Smart Communities and Venues division within Verizon, focused on using IoT initiatives to deliver on the promise of the digital world.
In this role you will work fairly independently on complex operational and technical projects, issues, systems and applications. You will use your experience, expertise and skills to solve a multitude of problems and implement a culture of sustained engineering excellence.
- Serve as principal engineer for expanding Smart Venues team
- Expected to implement framework for all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including architectural design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
- Participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and selection of hardware and software solutions
- Work cross-functionally with departments within the overall Verizon organization regarding new products and initiatives
- Ensure product integrity and quality control consistency throughout a projects lifecycle
- Communicate and work directly with the product team throughout the life cycle of the project; from ideation to release and subsequent iterations
- Expected to oversee the development of other engineers through code-reviews, design-reviews and over the shoulder debugging
- Manage time effectively, and work on multiple project timelines simultaneously in a demanding deadline driven environment
- Liaise with university partner teams to ensure proper delivery of research and code
- Self-motivated, innovative, willing to pursue new technical areas and capable of working independently
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have;
- A Bachelor’s Degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Development experience in object oriented programming using languages such as C# or Java
- Relational database experience including schema design and SQL
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests
- Experience in cloud computing and cloud hosted applications such as Amazon AWS, EC2 and S3
- Web development experience for iOS / Android mobile devices using responsive and adaptive methodologies
- Knowledge of iOS, iPhone, SDK, Xcode and Objective C development
- Experience in designing and developing rich user interface for mobile devices
Even better if you have:
- A passion for sports and the live venues space
- Experience working on products/with companies related to geolocation
- Understanding of development and tooling in Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Communication and stakeholder management skills
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues
- Ability to pivot from project to project depending on deadlines
- Familiarity with Agile methods and Continuous Integration including but not limited to Program and Release Backlog Management (Jira), Defect Tracking (Jira), Collaboration (Confluence, Jive, others) Test Automation (JUnit, NUnit, TestNG), Continuous Integration/Deployment (Jenkins, Hudson), Code Review (Sonar, Findbugs)
- Good grasp of industry best practices in enterprise-class software development
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6864940-software-engineer-smart-venues
• Post ID: 110911463 manhattan