Technical Program/Project Manager:
The role of the Technical Program/Project Manager is to provide technical and project/process management and oversight of the “end to end” Network Service Delivery project process to support the evolution and ongoing support of the IP Network in response to projects (all types), upgrades, and service and feature enhancements and for remediation/break-fix services. The work is always in alignment to the current and approved architectural, roadmaps, technology standards and templates, governance and change management and overall “firm wide” processes and policies.
The technology areas of focus for the role includes, Data Center and End User networks, public and private transport systems, WAN, Optical systems and emerging technologies such as Switched-Ethernet, LTE, (etc.), SDWAN, Cloud and Virtualized services, Corporate/Branch and Building Networking including Wireless LAN. Knowledge in related technology areas such as Voice and Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions and Network Transport Services is required. Network Appliance, Video and Unified Communications knowledge are important.
Key to this role is a general understanding of networking technologies and functions including Operations, Architecture and Engineering polices, Product and Service Management, Business Services and Finance. The Technical Program/Project Manager must be mindful of how their role impacts the firm’s business and reputation. Concepts such as driving value, always delivering quality, keeping commitments, being on-time and under-budget, effective and detail communications and understanding how their work impacts how the firm competes in the market place are important.
This role is part of a global solutions and service delivery organization. This position will interface directly with internal and external customers/suppliers/providers; architecture, product engineering, design/implementation engineering, change and product management, finance and business management and operations teams. At times, they may interface with various levels of senior management. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills are a must. The candidate must be able to work on their own and successfully in team settings in various sizes and locations. Adherence and use of standards, product sets, templates, systems and artifacts are important to the success of the engineer, the department and the firm at large.
• Must have the clear ability to translate business requirements into creditable, high quality and resilient outputs based upon the firm’s roadmaps and standards. Must understand that their work will not be considered complete until it is successfully accepted into production and project close-out is completed.
• Responsible for management of projects (large and small) and programs (global/regional/local – large and small). Focuses on meeting project deliverables, tracking and communications, risk and time management.
• Facilitates/establishes the project mission, vision and goals. Manages and tracks tasks, reporting and resources.
• The candidate resolves issues and conflicts within and between projects.
• Develop methods to monitor project progress, anticipates and solves problems effectively and before they impact deliverables, dates and schedules and financials.
• Is the voice of the project/program, manages all stakeholder communications and updates.
• Develops budgets, project timeline and risks, identifies project staffing requirements.
• Manage project budget and resource allocation, facilitates project service levels and timelines against client/end-user requirements. Advocate on behalf of Network Services and clients/end-users.
• Develops, tracks, reports and manages project schedules and T-minus schedules.
• The candidate must have excellent client interfacing skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management. Candidate should have experience operating with colleagues across different time zones with a flexible approach to working hours (ability to work varied hours and weekends a must) in order to successfully interact and communicate on a global level) if needed.
• Crisis Management experience is a plus.
Soft skill characteristics of the ideal candidates include:
• Leadership; Self-starter, self-directed and shows initiative
• Focused on execution, delivery and commitment to dates
• Can tie strategy and actions to business impact and results
• Demonstrates ownership: Is accountable and can hold others accountable (professionally)
• Strong written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate and influence upward as well as laterally.
• Organized and detail oriented
• Strong technical acumen
• Ability to partner with others for the good of the initiative
Position Requirements: Critical Experiences/Education Required: • Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business or fiancé related field and or technical training. Must have strong analytical skills.
• Minimum of 10 to 12 years’ experience required in Technical Program/Project Manager supporting network project/programs.
• Industry Certifications in PMP, CCDP, CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE are strongly preferred.
• Strong background in IT service delivery role (i.e. engineering support for projects).
• Experience in various equipment manufacturers including but not limited to CISCO, Juniper, Arista, Dell/EMC, Zscaler, etc.
• Financial services (Insurance, Banking, Investment banking), is a plus.
• Demonstrate-able examples candidate has participated in design and/or implementation of major IT projects (project portfolio examples.
• Experience in process re-engineering and work styles such as ITIL, Six Sigma, MOF/MSF, etc.is a required.
Critical Experiences/Education Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business or fiancé related field and or technical training. Must have strong analytical skills.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.