Business Intelligence Services, Risk & Financial Advisory, Consultant - Deloitte (New York)
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 2:56 PM
Deloitte Advisory Services LLP advises clients on managing business controversy and conflict, executing deals, and maintaining regulatory compliance. We provide services to companies throughout their lifecycle from purchasing a company to investigating potential fraud.
We are seeking a qualified Consultant to join the Business Intelligence Services practice:
The Business Intelligence Services practice at Deloitte Advisory consists of highly trained investigators and intelligence specialists with extensive experience in due diligence, litigation support, fraud and other investigations. Working with the member firms of DTT, we can gather background information and business intelligence virtually anywhere in the world in a timely and cost-effective manner, including those jurisdictions where public records are sparse.
Businesses considering mergers, acquisitions, strategic relationships or investments need accurate information about entities and their executives and the potential risks that they may present. We provide corporations, financial services institutions and law firms with comprehensive reporting tailored to meet their specific requests and requirements, while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and discretion. By performing effective due diligence, companies may help avoid serious legal complications. On each assignment, our professionals uncover, analyze and report relevant information to help clients make informed decisions.
If fraud is suspected, companies often require in-depth background investigations to unravel the problem. Our team performs background investigations of parties suspected of wrongdoing, searches for conflicts of interest and undisclosed business affiliations, or looks into whether parties are living beyond their means. We seek to uncover direct and circumstantial evidence of fraud, as well as any prior financial, legal, regulatory or criminal problems, or links to organized crime. When appropriate, we apply link analysis software to visually demonstrate the relationships between subject individuals and entities, or the flow of misappropriated funds.
As part of our litigation support services, we assist clients by investigating opposing parties and their experts; help find facts relevant to claims and defenses; and identify and locate witnesses. Information developed can expand the scope of the litigation as new critical information is developed.
- Exceptional research, writing, and analytic skills
- Strong professional demeanor and communication skills
- Experience with domestic and international public records databases and Internet sources highly desired
- 1-3+ years of investigative experience with a private investigative firm or equivalent professional services firm desired
- Ability to effectively summarize legal records, media articles and Internet websites and/or posts
- Strong grammar skills and command of the English language
- Demonstrated technical excellence, with proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and Internet search strategies
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking a foreign language highly desired (including, but not limited to Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian)
• Location: Manhattan
• Post ID: 111801838 manhattan