LPQ CORE VALUES
Our mission is to create meaningful connections.
SIMPLICITY | QUALITY | CONVIVIALITY | AUTHENTICITY
10 QUALITIES WE SEEK IN A CANDIDATE
ARTICULATE | AMBITIOUS | CONVIVIAL | CURIOUS | ENERGETIC
FLEXIBLE | HUMBLE | PASSIONATE | POSITIVE | PRESENTABLE
At Le Pain Quotidien, a cook is at the foundation of our kitchen. It is an entry level position that exists to help prepare food by doing the routine and day to day tasks that are necessary in order to prepare the amazing dishes that we serve in our restaurant.
- Preps and executes all menu items, including those for seasonal and specials menu items for dine-in and to-go, and in some cases, Grab n Go and Catering
- Aware of Le Pain Quotidien ticket time standards
- Keeps all areas of the restaurant clean and organized by following cleaning checklists, assisting with cleaning dishes, cleaning kitchen equipment, and detail cleaning as necessary
- Assists Kitchen Manager to maintain proper food par levels and use prep sheet to prepare correct levels
- Conducts line checks for quality control
- Practices mise en place to ensure proper set up and preparation in the kitchen
- Uses proper tools that are available to ensure adherence to recipes such as measuring cups, job aides, and various kitchen equipment such as knives, mandolins, rice cooker, microwaves, hot plates, and salamanders
- Follows all opening , mid, and closing procedures as directed by checklists and direction of Kitchen Manager
- Follows and completes Le Pain Quotidien cleaning and food safety checklists to ensure proper food handling; responsible for troubleshooting, cleaning and maintenance of equipment, FIFO, thermometers, Food Safety checklist, and temperature checklist
- Keeps all areas of the restaurant clean and organized by following cleaning checklists, assisting with cleaning dishes, cleaning equipment, cleaning bathrooms, trash removal, and detail cleaning as necessary; assists with setting up patio furniture and maintenance of outside fixtures and seating area
- High School diploma or GED; or 1 or 3 months of related experience or training.
- Previous knife skills a plus
- Flexibility in schedule with the ability to work early mornings, weekends, and evenings
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Passionate about food, health, and Le Pain Quotidien
- Understand the meaning of organic, gluten free, and vegan
- Ability to develop positive working relationships will all restaurant employees and work as a part of a team by helping others as needed or requested.
- Ability to be solution oriented with a passion and desire to get to yes
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other team members
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
- Ability to exhibit a cheerful and helpful attitude and provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to adapt to changing customer volume levels with a sense of urgency
- Ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
- Ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen
- Ability to speak, read, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location
• Post ID: 94670153 manhattan