Field Service Engineer 1 - New York City - Advanced Sterilization Products - Johnson & Johnson (New
Johnson & Johnsonâs Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group within Medical Devices is recruiting for a Field Service Engineer I, for Advanced Sterilization Products located in the New York City area. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, Sedation and Reprocessing.
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), division of Ethicon, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, truly makes a difference by Protecting Lives against InfectionÂ®. ASP has been innovating since 1987 to help healthcare facilities protect patients with best-in-class infection prevention solutions. Learn more at Advanced Sterilization Products at www.aspjj.com/us
Under remote supervision, the Field Service Engineer I is responsible for providing customer service solutions related to installation and validation of new ASP systems, planned and corrective maintenance of installed ASP systems, improving system utilization of installed systems, and supporting lifecycle management activities in assigned accounts for all products distributed or supported by Advanced Sterilization Products, Inc.
- Partner with sales and clinical education field team to deliver customer-focused high value business solutions that drive customer loyalty and sustain ASPâs installed base. Work as a part of a cross-functional work group.
- Manage all responsibilities of primary territory, including compliance and documentation requirements.
- Schedule and perform the installation, operation, planned maintenance, repair, and modification of ASP systems within assigned territory.
- Performs preventive maintenance and documents performance and maintenance records on equipment.
- Work with leadership and customers and scheduling personnel to schedule all aspects of technical / service work required to support all products supported and serviced by Advanced Sterilization Products technical service business division.
- Provide support to customers related to emergency service. Respond to customer requests for emergency service.
- Determines cause(s), troubleshoots and takes corrective action.
- Complete all assigned training and documentation requirements within assigned due dates.
- May advise and assist in affecting design changes to improve equipment efficiency, quality and/or reduce cost of operation.
- Devises project plans for the installation-planning phase of new equipment
- Manage customer expectations on a regular basis before & after various interaction to ensure customer satisfaction
- Complete all activities within the Service Management System (Siebel) through daily updates and documentation
- Complete all processing of RMA returns to support individual usage of supporting parts and equipment
- Manage personal âtrunkâ inventory and complete required audits to support thereof
- Provides guidance to Customers to include hospital Biomedical engineers along with Field Service Technicians and/or Representatives, and assists when customer satisfaction issues arise.
- Provide feedback/suggestions for design improvement opportunity.
- Beta site support/installation
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
- High School diploma with 5+ years professional work/military experience in customer support/customer relations/technical support or Associatesâ Degree with 3+ years related work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years customer service experience
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a Field Service environment preferably in the electronics or medical device industry, OR minimum of three (3) years experience as a Biomedical Engineer in a hospital environment.
- Basic knowledge of office based computer programs such as Word, Excel and Access, and their application in administrative activities.
- Job duties require the ability to lift up to 80 lbs. to a height of four feet.
- Valid Drivers license is required
- Must be willing and able to travel 50% of the time, as needed, including overnight travel, locally, regionally and nationally.
- This position requires on-call responsibilities including weekend call coverage on a rotating basis. Some overtime is expected.
- Four (4) year degree in electronics, technology, computer science, electrical engineering or other related major
- Four (4) years work experience in a related field (Medical Device)
- Experience working in a field service environment
- Knowledge of inventory management practices in order to maintain and account for parts inventory.
- Microsoft A+ certification or equivalent computer hardware certification
- MCP certification or equivalent
- Experience working with mechanical systems
- Demonstrate excellence in providing customer service.
United States-New York-New York
ASP Services, Inc. (6000)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=3844170616&lang=en
• Post ID: 112377883 manhattan