Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. We have evolved from a small, neighborhood market to a top food destination in New York City, the Hamptons, and Greenwich, Connecticut.
In an exciting time of expansion, Citarella's Commissary Kitchen in Hunts Point, Bronx is seeking a PASTRY SOUS CHEF to join our pastry team! This position will integrate into the pastry production team to help facilitate daily kitchen production while ensuring top notch quality of our products.
Our Pastry Sous Chef will be responsible for working alongside the Executive Pastry Chef in pastry production as it relates to the operation of the commissary. S/he is responsible for partnering with the Executive Pastry Chef in overseeing the production of all pastry products as well as ensuring that the quality and consistency of all pastry products produced and served is within company standards.
- Minimum 2 yrs pastry management experience in high quality volume operation
- Minimum 5 yrs of high-quality volume pastry experience in a busy retail, hotel or restaurant setting
- Strong leadership and management skills, with ability to manage a variety of associates and different skill levels.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in all aspects of Pastry and Baking including but not limited to cakes, pies, chocolates, confections, and individual and production pastries
- Working knowledge and understanding of health/sanitation standards
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the position including ability to lift, pull, push, carry up to 50 pounds/ stand for extended periods of time
- Able to work a flexible work schedule to accommodate business levels.
Qualified candidates are invited to respond to this ad with cover letter and resume with subject line \"Pastry Sous Chef\".
IN RETURN, WE OFFER! Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental /life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Post ID: 110770763 manhattan