As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The Program Manager is responsible for the overall management of a Class A, Class B or Class C type project throughout its lifecycle. The Program Manager has the qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. They provide leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. Program Manager also ensures adherence to program management methodology practices, provides project manager mentoring, performs Program Management Reviews and reinforces the enterprise knowledge management through the communication of lessons learned and best practices development.
The Program Manager assists during the Bid Phase of the customer engagement by providing input into the proposal especially in the area of delivery model (e.g. SAP Advanced Delivery management model for delivery of particular customer project), project structure, organization, scoping, estimation and risk assessment.
The Program Manager has ability to manage complex projects or smaller programs that require coordination of work between various parties like third party sub-contractors, SAP Custom Development, SAP Global Delivery, SAP Active Global Support.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Define appropriate delivery model for customer project based on SAP Advanced Delivery Management as a composition of RDS, pre-defined services, on-site delivery, Global Delivery, Custom Development as needed to deliver on customer success
- Scope and estimate the engagement
- Determine required resources for the project
- Assess, document and communicate risk for the engagement
- Position SAP delivery methodology – ASAP in the engagement
- Conduct the project planning activities and manage the execution of large scale, high risk, or strategic projects according to plan (Opportunity Management, Initiating to Closing…)
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcome for the customer.
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Ensure proper use of methodology, tools and procedures
- Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives
- Balance the trade-off of the triple- constraint (time, cost and scope) to realize the expected business value.
- Evaluates strategic options and alternatives for delivering or offering services in a more efficient or cost effective manner.
- Builds customer relationships with the clear expectation to deliver follow-on business or identify opportunities within an account. Deals with difficult issues at the customer and finds win-win solutions for both Customer and SAP.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget and timeline.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance.
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans ad identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
- Communicate and/or escalate project issues early to account management and delivery management.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Plan and execute formal Quality Gate process following the Q-Gate approach in ASAP methodology.
- Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story.
- Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization’s project management community.
- Participate in the development of project management best practices.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 6-8 years of program management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams within a formalized methodology.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
- Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bring projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
- Demonstrated track record working with clients in the Western U.S. Region
- Some level of international implementation experience required
English: Fluency a must
- Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or equivalent training and job experience.
- Master’s degree, preferably in finance, or MBA an asset
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications
- PMM methodology Certification and ASAP Toolset Proficiency
- Project Leadership Excellence (PLEX) or similar interpersonal skills course
- SAP Advanced Delivery Management TrainingC_PM_70 Associate SAP Project Manager (ASAP 7 certification)
- SAP Solution Manager certification for Project Managers (web assessment)
- MS Project Orange Belt Certification
This position requires 100% travel
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.comorCareers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ:Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA:email@example.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.sap.com/job/New-York-Program-Manager-Financial-Services-Industry-Job-NY/324664701/
• Post ID: 89337315 manhattan