LPQ CORE VALUES
Our mission is to create meaningful connections.
SIMPLICITY | QUALITY | CONVIVIALITY | AUTHENTICITY
10 QUALITIES WE SEEK IN A CANDIDATE
ARTICULATE | AMBITIOUS | CONVIVIAL | CURIOUS | ENERGETIC
FLEXIBLE | HUMBLE | PASSIONATE | POSITIVE | PRESENTABLE
At Le Pain Quotidien, a server is often the face of our business/restaurant and the main point of contact for our guests. Le Pain Quotidien servers exist for the purpose of delivering exemplary service to our guests by following Le Pain Quotidiens Service Promises.
- Creates great first impressions by promptly greeting and escorting guests to table while using proper body language at all times
- Has full knowledge of pastry, bread, kitchen, and retail items. Is able to describe every product and menu offering using descriptor words. Is able to use knowledge to sell items and make educated suggestions to our guests regarding wine and beer pairings
- Writes orders, rings beverage and food orders into POS, and follows up with kitchen as necessary
- Has complete knowledge of drink recipes and prepares drinks for dining room as needed
- Reads table to match service to guests preferences, marks tables and courses food appropriately, and anticipates guests needs
- Maintains and clears table when appropriate, offers dessert, and presents check at conclusion of meal in a timely manner
- Handles any complaints with genuine concern and elevates to manager when necessary
- Completes all opening, mid, and closing procedures; completes daily checklist and side work assignments
- Organizes money and receipts throughout the shift; follows Le Pain Quotidien cash handling policy
- Has a clear understanding and follows Le Pain Quotidiens Service Promises
- Follows and completes Le Pain Quotidien cleaning and food safety checklists to ensure proper food handling; responsible for troubleshooting, cleaning and maintenance of equipment, FIFO, thermometers, Food Safety checklist, and temperature checklist
- Keeps all areas of the restaurant clean and organized by following cleaning checklists, assisting with cleaning dishes, cleaning equipment, cleaning bathrooms, trash removal, and detail cleaning as necessary; assists with setting up patio furniture and maintenance of outside fixtures and seating area
- High School Diploma or GED; or 3 to 6 months of related experience or training.
- Flexibility in schedule with the ability to work early mornings, weekends, and evenings
- Experience with Micros is a plus
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Passionate about food, health, and Le Pain Quotidien
- Understand the meaning of organic, gluten free, and vegan
- Ability to develop positive working relationships will all restaurant employees and work as a part of a team by helping others as needed or requested.
- Ability to be solution oriented with a passion and desire to get to yes
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other team members
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
- Ability to exhibit a cheerful and helpful attitude and provide exceptional customer service
• Post ID: 110783533 manhattan