Assistant Director Credit Risk - Structured Private Placements and Alternative Investments - AIG
As a part of AIG’s Enterprise Risk Management function, our Credit Risk Management team has responsibility for US Structured Products, Commercial Real Estate, Residential Real Estate and Alternative Investments within AIG Investments. AIG Investments manages a global portfolio of a diverse array of fixed income, real estate, equity, and alternative assets investments. In this position, you will primarily support the Structured Private Placements and Alternative Investments business units that have investments in those asset classes.
You will support Senior Credit Executives with the following responsibilities:
- Work with the portfolio managers/credit executives to design and implement appropriate analytic tools, stress scenarios, and risk reports to effectively monitor investments risk, enhance decision making and risk management process, and communicate risk positions and emerging risk trends.
- Interact regularly with portfolio teams to understand trends and evolving risks within the portfolio, develop appropriate responses, and communicate risks and strategies throughout the risk organization.
- Evaluate new transactions that require new business review to ensure risks are thoroughly understood and analyzed, properly documented and booked, and have received appropriate New Product/Business approvals.
- Establish and conduct asset class portfolio reviews with the portfolio managers on at least an annual basis to ensure thorough evaluation of portfolio risk and investment strategy and compliance with AIG credit policy.
- Review and approve the underlying methodologies and stress testing results for quarterly OTTI calculations which must be ultimately approved by the Chief Credit Officer of Investments.
- Produce industry/sector credit research that supports existing portfolios and identifies trends/issues to facilitate credit oversight of our risk positions.
- Update and enhance relevant credit policies and procedures for the various asset classes. Monitor the portfolios for regular compliance of all policies and procedures.
- Review and discuss Watch Lists exposures with the portfolio managers on a regular basis to ensure appropriate high risk positions are being adequately addressed and monitored.
- Develop and implement new risk rating framework for real estate and structured products to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Over time, assume primary credit responsibility for an asset class/portfolio which includes being the main contact for AIG Investments and Investments ERM senior credit officers on issues related to that particular asset class/portfolio.
Position Requirements: The Ideal Candidate Should Have
The Ideal Candidate Should Have
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.