One of the largest global insurers is seeking qualified candidates to join as Assistant Director in the Model Risk Management Group (MRMG), within the Corporate Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) function. Executing on an effective Model Risk Management has been identified as a strategic objective by AIG senior management and it requires an active engagement of model owners and independent model validators.
Model validators review analytics and soundness of models and provide effective challenge on large, complex models ranging from natural and manmade catastrophe models, to premium pricing models to economic and econometric models. This particular position entails heavy involvement with different kinds of the Investments models, both pricing and risk management in nature.
A successful candidate will be expected to
- Validate high-impact models.
- Design additional tests that pose effective challenge to internal models and vendor models.
- Identify and document model deficiencies; communicate to model owners.
- Review and provide feedback to model owners on proposed corrections to identified deficiencies.
- Support Model Validation team’s management by assisting with identifying and analyzing risks, creating reporting processes, escalating issues of concern, developing deliverable dates for specific initiatives and monitoring project progress.
- Contribute to periodic review and update to ERM’s model risk management policies, procedures and templates and assess model risk capital requirements.
Position Requirements: The Ideal Candidate Will Have
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
• Post ID: 93968151 manhattan