Finance is leading the formation of a Data Analytics Center with the Investment Valuation and Optimization (IV&O) team at its core. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing team in a fast-paced and evolving environment that delivers business impacts from data driven recommendations. Working in close partnership with internal business partners (including Finance, Marketing and IT), participate in the design, delivery and implementation of innovative and complex analysis providing rich insights into consumer behavior and improving business performance.
Analytical Work Management:
- Hands on active participation in analytical projects delivering improvements in decision-making and business strategies via advanced analysis.
- Work in close collaboration with IV&O partners to leverage expertise in data management, advanced modeling, scoring etc...
- Participate in the design, implementation and interpretation of advanced multi-factor experiments to evolve current single factor testing approach.
- Prepare presentations and documentations of complex statistical concepts and research results to be shared with non-statistical audience.
- Help foster a continuous test & learn culture and process - i.e. rapid cycle learning.
- Develop strong relationships with business partners to transform the role of analytics in decision making moving from a decision support role to decision guidance role (analytics as partner not as support function)
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and become a recognized subject matter expert.
Learning and Development:
- Continually broaden and strengthen knowledge of analytical methods, vendors and tools.
- Participate in knowledge/best practice sharing opportunities.
5+ years of active experience in:
- Developing and implementing advanced analytical solutions to complex business problems/opportunities.
- Data management, analysis and visualization to realize absolute and incremental commercial gains.
- Working in the Consumer/Retail space within the Financial Services, Telecommunications, Technology or other related mass market industries preferred, however, related work in the Public Policy, Bio-statistics and Scientific Research industries will be considered.
Knowledge of finance including DCF modeling a plus.
Hands on usage of SAS required. Ability to program in SQL, VBA, SPSS, MATLAB, JAVA, Python, R or other related tools.
High level of curiosity and investigative mind-set with an attention to detail, a tenacity of thought, the flexibility to adapt to new challenges and the resiliency to overcome short-term hurdles by staying focused on the team's deliverables.
A passion for educating and communicating analytic findings and insights with integrity to all levels: from going over raw output with colleagues to creating PowerPoint presentations and storyboards that captivate and succinctly convey complex ideas to our strategic business partners and.
A voracious appetite for improvement of our analytical products and processes built on a solid foundation of a lifelong love of learning.
Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science, or Operations Research.
Publication of technical papers for, and/or attendance and participation in organizations such as SAS Users Groups, Informs, American Statistical Association or others are a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
Verizon is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/5653608-data-analytics-specialist