What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s Content, Strategy & Acquisition team is responsible for developing robust content strategies and acquiring premium and differentiated linear and on demand video programming across all of Verizon’s owned and operated content platforms. Verizon is seeking an experienced and seasoned self-starter that can work cross-functionally both internally across business groups and externally with content partners to develop innovative strategies, skillfully negotiate deals and ultimately drive execution to support Verizon’s strategic and financial goals in the video distribution space.
This person will join a team that is responsible for broad range of strategic, multi-platform content-focused initiatives covering both new and established product lines within Verizon’s FIOS, Mobile, OTT, Broadband platforms and across Verizon O&O media platforms. Success in this role requires the effective development, acquisition, distribution and execution of the Content Strategy with a focus on strategy, innovation and revenue growth.
- Develop and communicate successful content strategies related to content acquisition and distribution
- Build relationships and effectively negotiate cable network carriage agreements and digital rights agreements with content providers
- Proactively identify areas of growth and ways to leverage content assets across the VZ platform to drive audience engagement and growth
- Drive implementation of content strategies and content acquisition deals by working with Verizon business leads, product, operational and marketing teams
Additional responsibilities include:
- Evaluate new, emerging and established digital platform content offerings.
- Acquire digital platform content, including the development and negotiation of creative business models.
- Evaluate and aggregate video programming, channels and brands from a variety of sources.
- Research and analyze the external environment to understand market dynamics, trends, size, segmentation, customer needs, applicable and emerging content areas, and the competitive landscape.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with content partners and the industry at large, representing the company in a manner that builds trade quality and promotes the company’s reputation as an industry leader.
- Anticipate risks and drive risk management with cross-functional team.
- Strong understanding of how entertainment content delivery and the content distribution ecosystem are evolving and the complexities involved in multi-platform content acquisition deals.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Direct experience within a content distribution/acquisition deal team, media strategy or business development group including: linear, mobile, digital, on-line/ OTT, cross-platform and interactive.
- Track record of successfully and independently negotiating and closing rights / content agreements.
- Traditional and digital media experience.
- Strong understanding of the content rights landscape, key players and trends.
- Strong understanding of MVPD agreements and key terms.
- Working knowledge of digital content distribution.
- Ability to be proactive and be a self-starter.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment, taking the initiative, prioritizing multiple priorities and working under tight time-frames to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; works collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8017343-business-development-manager-content-strategy
• Post ID: 136690002 manhattan