What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a Technical Business Intelligence Manager to join the team to help drive a data-focused product culture for Fios.
As a data driven product organization, our mission is to turn terabytes of valuable data into insights and get a deep understanding of video and viewers to impact the strategy and direction of IPTV and video experiences. You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, markets, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. You will find patterns but also assume that our challenges are unique and fearlessly question the product hypothesis through data insights. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences TV.
What you’ll do:
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the business
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- You will develop analytic methods, build models, and define metrics to help IPTV improve algorithm performance, user experience, and content engagement
- You will collaborate with user experience/interface designers, algorithm developers, scientists, and engineers to solve the most challenging and rewarding problems through data insights
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- A deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense.
- The technical competence to perform more advanced analytics:
- Data Visualization tools experience (such as Excel, Looker, Tableau, Cuboid etc.)
- Analytics tools experience (such as , R, SPSS, SQL)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Capability to tackle very loosely defined problems.
- Ability to work in an Agile manner
- The ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and be able to explain complex topics in simple terms.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7128425-business-intelligence-manager-data-analytics
• Post ID: 121709363 manhattan