Campaign Manager, Animals in the Wild
World Animal Protection New York , New York
Policy And Law, Wildlife
Salary: $70,000 - $75,000
Campaign Manager, Animals in the Wild – The Role
As a Campaign Manager, Animals in the Wild at World Animal Protection, you will lead campaigns in the Animals in the Wild program area and is the key organisational representative for all external campaign activity and central point of contact for organisational activity relating to the campaign(s) they represent.
The Campaign Manager will partner with colleagues around the world to develop and implement the US strategy as part of a global campaign to end cruelty to animals and is responsible for promoting a culture of campaigning in order to increase World Animal Protection’s impact, influence and profile in the US market. He/She will lead the delivery of an inspiring, dynamic and creative global campaign, with US localization, to improve the welfare of animals whilst also contributing to building a global movement in support of animal protection.
Campaign Manager, Animal in the Wild – Requirements
- You must be a degreed professional with proven experience in leading the design and development of high impact social change campaign strategies that have achieved change.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to communicate direction, gain commitment to action and develop mutual co-operation across teams and with external stakeholders.
- Experience leading and managing teams and motivational skills to inspire others to deliver outstanding campaigns.
- A team player with excellent project management and co-ordination skills and ability to develop and maintain good working relationships across internal departments and teams.
- Strong communicator, able to constructively engage external and internal stakeholders at all levels, to develop and deliver campaign solutions.
- First class analytical and decision-making skills - able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately to effectively inform campaign tactics and strategies.
- Experience of working in an international NGO environment.
- You will thrive in working for a mission-led campaigning organisation, confident in championing our cause and ambitions. An effective thought leader, you will have the capacity to communicate direction, motivate others, gain commitment to action and develop mutual co-operation across teams and external stakeholders.
- A confident networker and relationship builder, you are also comfortable controlling budgets and meeting deadlines. You will possess first-class analytical and decision-making skills too. You will have a relevant qualification, and a solid understanding of political and socio-economic trends.
- A detailed knowledge of animal welfare is not essential; however you will have a natural passion for animal welfare and a strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal Protection.
Who are we?
- We are World Animal Protection.
- For over 50 years we have moved the world to protect animals.
- We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
- We stop the exploitation of wild animals for entertainment and profit. We protect pets and working animals in communities across the globe. We campaign for better farm animal welfare and fight against factory farming. We also help animals when disaster strikes.
- Our vision is a world where animals live free from suffering. We are working to help people to see how important animals are to all of us.
- We are determined to influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda and inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better. Today we’re working on projects to end animal suffering by helping governments and communities to protect and care for their animals.
Join us and together we can move the world for animals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you want to be part of a dynamic organisation that values people as individuals, as well as inspires and motivates its employees to succeed and expand their talents, then please send a copy of your CV and cover/motivation letter addressing your skills and experience relative to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is open until filled, however strong consideration will be provided to those candidates that submit their application by midnight October 11, 2017.
Please note that all candidates must have the right to work in United States. We will not be able consider candidates who do not have the eligibility to work in the stated country office location.
As we often receive a large number of applications from experienced and qualified candidates we will generally give priority to those who can demonstrate that they meet all of the essential criteria listed. It is important that you show how you meet all the essential criteria and your application will be stronger if you show that you meet at least some of the desirable criteria.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we will not be able to personally acknowledge receipt of your application. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
World Animal Protection is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the communities.
We kindly request Recruitment agencies should not approach us for this role as we will be considering direct applications.
Our new name is World Animal Protection. We were known as WSPA (World Society for the Protection of Animals)
• Post ID: 134244222 manhattan