- Manage a team to provide actuarial pricing support for one or more business segments
- Assist with identifying pockets of opportunity for profitable growth as well as profitability-challenged areas
- Develop strategies and framework for risk segmentation, pricing and underwriting for profitable growth
- Ensure pricing adequacy for the line of business in accordance with centrally defined, risk-based pricing metrics
- Identify and recommend advanced techniques for risk segmentation and pricing, e.g. GLM
- Train and supervise junior staff
- Ensure that the schedule of analyses is completed in a timely manner; accurately interpret and effectively communicate results
- Responsible for regular reviews of the parameters in the pricing systems
- Support continuous improvement to pricing systems
- Ensure robust feedback mechanisms with all stakeholders, e.g. underwriters and other actuaries
- Liaise with Enterprise Risk Management and Finance to ensure that capital allocation is accurate and responsive to changes in the portfolio
- Support reinsurance analyses / submissions
- Liaise with the Finance Actuarial/Reserving to ensure that reserving analyses are accurately modeling any changes in the underwriting
- Liaise with Finance Actuarial/Reserving to ensure the accuracy of the budget assumptions
- Review the potential profitability of and/or propose pricing for potential new products.
- Monitor adherence to procedures and methodologies.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.