What you’ll be doing...
We are the Product Strategy and Innovation team within Verizon. We sit in the Product and New Business Division and are tasked with identifying significant growth opportunities, and driving a vision for the future business models and experiences for Verizon. We sit at the intersection between Corporate Strategy, M&A, VZ Ventures and the Product teams. This role will be focused on the Media and Entertainment industry and will require someone with prior experience in the space as well as a demonstrated forward thinking view of where the space is going. The role will have responsibility for the following:
- Competitive analysis
- Relevant Consumer Insights
- Industry analysis
- Market opportunity analysis
- Partner engagement
This role will have a strong focus on media and entertainment, with a particular eye towards winning in the over the top arena, with a view towards leveraging traditional and new media. In additional to developing a framework for understanding our customers and marketplace, the individual will be responsible for assessing new developments and reporting out on the meaning and impact to our business and the market. This expertise will be woven into user experience and business opportunity assessments. We are seeking someone with a creative bent and passion around technology and innovation.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience in a technology or innovation media company
- Experience in entertainment and media at a consulting firm, in-house strategy group, or investment bank
Even better if you have:
- BA/BSC from top tier university, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem solving with special ability to build structured quantitative and qualitative analyses; sound business judgment and problem framing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a natural tendency to “question the status quo”
- Drive for results
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Executive presentation/communication experience
- Passion for technology and avid pursuer of new trends
- Strong collaborative skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven success coaching and growing employees
- Creative problem solving
The position is based in the 1095 Avenue of the Americas office but will require monthly travel to Basking Ridge, NJ and occasional travel elsewhere.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
• Post ID: 116189088 manhattan