The Coworking and Workplace Community Strategist, alongside Verizon’s coworking operating partners, fosters coworking communities that attract and retain target membership and networks, and create maximum value for Verizon’s enterprise mission. The position develops relationships with and deep understanding of Verizon’s internal stakeholder groups; and the members, communities, and partnerships presented by the Coworking Program. The Community Strategist develops, executes and continuously refines programming and events strategies that provide value back to Verizon’s innovation-focused, talent acquisition, marketing + brand, and public + government affairs teams. This position works across an international portfolio to develop strategies that support high level program goals and local initiatives. Program goals include, but are not limited to, creating meaningful access to top talent pools, developing relationships with innovation networks, building platforms for idea generation and capture, and integrating workplace and community best practices with Global Real Estate strategies.
- Interface between Verizon’s coworking operating partners and Verizon’s internal stakeholder groups to build and execute program strategies that foster community and create value for Verizon.
- Develop close and mutually-supportive relationships with Verizon’s internal stakeholder teams. Understand teams’ objectives and goals with respect to innovation, talent, and brand. Ensure Coworking Program is complimentary and viewed as a source of added value to such efforts.
- Develop close and mutually supportive relationships with Verizon’s coworking suppliers in multiple markets to create consistent and frequent programming and events that support both the coworking communities and Verizon’s internal stakeholder teams. Manage and support operators to ensure proper strategy execution.
- Frequent and comprehensive leadership reporting on stakeholder engagement activities, community programming and events, and intrinsic and extrinsic value created by program.
- Contribute to social media efforts, branding and communications, conception and implementation of workplace programming.
- Work closely with team members, leadership, and other staff to track community performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Deliver lessons learned to Workplace Strategy and Change Management teams to ensure community building and management best practices are applied to internal Verizon workplaces.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to operate across international geographies and time zones .
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Your degree with a focus on management, customer experience, user experience, sales, marketing, Social Science, and people-focused fields.
- Five or more years of experience involving business operations, coworking, project management, customer service, retail, hospitality, events management, and/or sales.
- Proactive, fun, vibrant, energetic, outgoing and charismatic. Strong work ethic, self-motivated and able to work independently and across functional teams.
- International business experience.
- Extensive resource network of venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and service providers such as attorneys, accountants, etc.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6434287-coworking-community-strategist