Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 12:05 AM
Summary of Responsibilities
The ideal Delicatessen Manager will be in charge of the daily operations of the department and will be responsible for its successful management with an emphasis on employee satisfaction, customer service, production, innovation, time management and economy while maintaining the highest quality control and kitchen/work area sanitation procedures.
He or She will also be responsible for managing current and future workforce in addition to scheduling purchases, dealing with vendors and reporting to the upper management.
The supervisor will also coordinate with other managers and or departments to achieve all department goals and respect defined budgets.
The ideal applicant will be able to follow policies lead by example while providing appropriate training and mentoring to all clerks working under direct supervision.
· Maintain complete knowledge of company's policies and procedures at all times.
· Delicatessen Manager will be responsible for supplying department and scheduling purchases with current and new vendors.
· Proper and adequate management of workforce to maintain operations while avoiding under/over scheduling of employees.
· Manage the production or preparation of items, special orders, catering orders items as required by customers while maintaining the highest customer satisfaction.
· Ensures the proper management of work areas are cleaned and maintained, including utensils and equipment for use.
· Maintain and rotate products as needed.
· Operate machinery, equipment, and tools of Delicatessen Department
· Coordinates communication with other departments to ensure the proper management of resources and avoid spoilage.
· Management of all things related to employees while boosting morale and creating a sense of unity.
· Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
· Must be able to properly communicate in English, have the ability to solve problems and work under pressure and/or short deadlines.
· Must have at least 5 years of work and/or experience in similar role- High school education preferred.
· Proven leadership and experience managing a team of workers with successful conflict resolution skills.
· Ideal applicant must be knowledgeable about products, vendors, operation procedures, ingredients, recipes etc.
· Ideal applicant must be able to prioritize customer service without compromising other duties.
· Has a sense of urgency and works in an organized and time- effective manner in order to meet short deadlines.
· Must be able to work in challenging conditions such as: hot/cold temperatures, walking and standing for long periods of time, carry- lift up to 35 lbs. etc.
· Ensures correct use of equipment, understands time management of tasks and is able to prioritize duties.
· Must be able to demonstrate strong cooking skills, understands seasonality of food, demonstrates strong customer attention, thorough knowledge of ingredients and products on a consistent basis.
· Must have strong knife skills, knowledge of kitchen equipment, and confident service skills.
· Must be able to comply with of federal, state, and local food sanitation regulations.
· Must be able to lead a team of diverse workers to achieve common goals and to comply with all company policies.
· Follows and leads by example with regard to attendance and punctuality rules
· Ideal applicant possesses outstanding team work attitude and performs other duties as assigned.
To be defined. This is Full Time position requiring 50+ hours of work on a weekly basis.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer above average pay- rates, health insurance, flexible transportation account, employee discounts, paid sick days.
Job duties will be performed at Greenwich Village location. Applicants interested in the position are required to submit a resume and/or job application and to interview for the position. We require immediate availability
Please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Location: Manhattan, New York, NY
• Post ID: 156536182 manhattan