About K.I.D.S./Fashion Delivers:
K.I.D.S./Fashion Delivers, Inc. is the charity of choice for new product donations made by hundreds of companies in the fashion, home and children's industries. Donating new merchandise provides these companies with a simple and effective way to help people in need. Founded 31 years ago, K.I.D.S./Fashion Delivers is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that unites retailers, manufacturers, foundations and individuals to support people affected by poverty and tragedy. Since 1985, over $1.3 billion of apparel, accessories, shoes, home furnishings, toys, books and other useful items have been distributed through our network of community partners, serving the poor and disadvantaged worldwide.
Title: Development and Events Manager
Job Purpose:The Development and Events Manager, working closely with the Director of Development, will have the primary responsibility for activities to enable K.I.D.S./Fashion Delivers to fulfill or exceed its fundraising goals through the engagement of individual, corporate, and foundation donors and in the planning and execution of special events.
- Manage the planning and execution of two major annual fundraising events and additional, smaller prospect and donor engagement events.
- Meet fundraising goals through personal, direct mail and other solicitations and managing volunteer and staff solicitations.
- Produce regular event reports to enable staff and Board to monitor progress.
- Staff event Committees and work closely with the Board and the Committees to most effectively engage volunteer leadership in fundraising.
- Achieve revenue and expense targets for events.
- Conduct general prospect research.
- Participate in the execution of donor stewardship programs.
- Maintain development records, gift entry and gift acknowledgement processes, reconciling gift records with accounting records, and providing accurate and timely reports.
- Work closely with the Marketing Department and with vendors on electronic and print materials for fundraising.
- Supervise interns and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for community service and social welfare
- 3+ years of experience in fundraising and events management
- Experience and talent in leading volunteers
- Desire to work collaboratively in a small team environment, combined with comfort in working with senior industry executives
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Knowledge of fundraising databases highly desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree required
Compensation and benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Attractive benefits available.
To apply, please submit your resume, together with a cover letter (on the next page) describing your interest in the position, with the subject line: Development and Events Manager.
• Post ID: 96370198 manhattan