The Director of Data Science will be responsible for research and development to support AIG Personal Insurance, ranging from individual auto, property, travel, group travel, health and accidents, to services and warranties. The Advanced Modeling team is a group of world-class data scientists who are passionate about challenging the status quo and driving transformational change through innovations. We are keen to welcome a new team member who is a proven high performer, always curious and eager to learn, and values an inspiring and collaborative team work environment.
This position will collaborate with AIG product, underwriting, actuarial, and technology teams, leverage cutting edge techniques including GIS, natural language processing, deep learning, and other machine learning tools to solve both classic and new challenges in an industry with a long history. Some examples of problems we face include more accurate and efficient underwriting and pricing, risk management and segmentation, usage based insurance, sharing economy, and the impact on insurance from connected/driverless cars and IOT.
- Provide overall leadership for analytical and modeling projects
- Understand complex business challenges in different areas (underwriting, pricing, loss prevention, customer retention, claims and fraud) and design practical and scalable analytics solutions where applicable
- Design data warehouse and technical solutions together with technology team to facilitate fast and efficient manipulation of large volume of data for analytics purposes
- Guide and supervise a team of data scientists to build predictive models using cutting edge machine learning or statistical modeling techniques
- Communicate analytics results to business leaders and cultivate a data-driven decision process
- Assess and make sure that projects have sufficient resource and talent support, identify key steps, milestones and deliverables, develop and maintain a reasonable timeline
- Maintain and update standards to assess and document modeling process and performance
- Mentor junior team members and create training and growth opportunities
Highly Desired Qualifications:
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.