What you’ll be doing...
Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for the coordination of activities and ensuring timely flow of information to and from the executive office. You will handle details of highly confidential matter. There will be times when projects of a critical and time sensitive nature will need to be met according to specific timelines. Must be able to function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. The EA will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and maintain administrative processes.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, organized, and possess excellent judgment. You will be required to be available during regular business hours, and occasionally evenings and/or weekends as needed to provide support and assistance to the Vice President.
- Anticipating the VP’s needs and proactively bringing together appropriate people and resources to support the executive.
- Managing external contacts for the Vice President, proactively understanding who they are, which priority contacts are and keeping track of periodic communication needed for priority contacts.
- Preparing meeting agendas in advance, assisting with and providing research/background information, content development, and creation of presentations.
- Managing the daily schedule of the VP, ensuring that he/she knows the schedule 24 hours in advance and adapting the schedule around conflicts when necessary.
- Developing and maintaining a system that alerts for upcoming deadlines on incoming requests or events.
- Managing VP’s travel arrangements and proactively coordinating the pre-planning of trips with various internal functions, including arranging appropriate visas, agendas, necessary contacts and additional pertinent information.
- Understanding organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
- Handling confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Ensuring that various administrative tasks are done in an effective and efficient manner, including copying, reviewing outside mail, drafting correspondence, screening phone calls when requested, and maintaining executive files as needed.
- Acting as the VP’s representative and ambassador to external constituents as directed.
- Process and maintain expenses for VP’s.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- One or more years or equivalent in supporting large teams.
- Two or more years or equivalent in supporting high level VP, Director or Senior Manager.
- Five or more years or equivalent work-related experience supporting senior level management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience in administrative preparation of executive presentations.
- Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities.
- Professional demeanor and ability to defuse sensitive situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment.
- Proven ability to work independently to achieve business goals.
- Energetic with a “let's roll up our sleeves” attitude which is especially important in a small but growing organization.
- Willingness to provide after hour and flexible support.
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8006480-executive-assistant-executive-support
• Post ID: 136689992 manhattan