This position provides general administrative support to a Sr. Executive and requires a thorough knowledge of the Executive’s span of control, as well as, company policies and procedures. Incumbent must be able to safeguard confidential information. This role is an integral part of the team. Primary responsibilities include:
- Compose and prepare high level correspondence, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Screen and direct incoming calls effectively with considerable use of tact, diplomacy and courtesy.
- Partner with other administrative staff to ensure constant coverage.
- Manage schedule and appointment calendar(s) and maintains sensitivity to changing priorities.
- Work with other Executive Assistants to coordinate Executive schedules.
- Organize, coordinate, and take minutes at various meetings.
- Schedule all business travel and accommodations.
- Greet visitors and accommodate their needs as necessary.
- Reconcile and maintain all expense reports in accordance with guidelines.
- Drive our team budget management and reporting.
- End to end management of team off sites and other such events.
- Comfortable with occasional travel to the Basking Ridge office.
- Performs ad hoc project-related duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Four or more years of administrative experience supporting senior level executives within a comparable corporate environment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Experience supporting VP and above level executives.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior level management and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize and provide accurate follow up on all issues and correspondence.
- Interest and experience in entertainment and media industries a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft and Google office suites
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills (i.e. for generating and editing memos)
- Strong communication and organizational skills and be extremely detail-oriented and possess
- Strong sense of ownership and involvement and be a self-starter
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6462806-executive-assistant-to-vp