We are the Product Strategy, Design and Innovation team within Verizon. We sit in the Product and New Business Division and are tasked with identifying significant growth opportunities, and driving a vision for the future business models and experiences for Verizon.. We are seeking a new team member who would provide administrative support to a Sr. Executive (VP Product Strategy).
We are seeking a candidate who has the following:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including team members, other execs, other admins, external partners and prospective employees.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to adapt to competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Primary responsibilities include:
- Calendar management | prioritization
- Travel coordination
- End to end Event coordination
- Expense management
- Meeting management
- Budget management
- Coordinating equipment purchases
- Onboarding new employees
- Monitoring recruiting efforts
- Composing and preparing high level presentations and spreadsheets
- Agenda management
- Ad hoc projects cross-team
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Four or more years of administrative experience supporting senior level executives within a comparable corporate environment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Experience supporting VP and above level executives.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior level management and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize and provide accurate follow up on all issues and correspondence.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft and Google office suites.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills (i.e. for generating and editing memos).
- Strong communication and organizational skills and be extremely detail-oriented and possess
- Strong sense of ownership and involvement and be a self-starter
- Interest in building a career within Verizon, beyond Exec admin
Other things to know:
- Must be flexible to work overtime if needed.
- Occasional visits to local offices as needed.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6462825-executive-assistant-to-vp