Executive Assistant – VP of Creative / Fios / New Products
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Vice President of Creative for Fios / New Products team. The candidate must have excellent communication and diplomatic skills to work in a professional manner with people, both internal and external, across several management levels. Individual must have sound judgment, be extremely organized with a strong emphasis on attention to detail. The ideal candidate can work in an extremely fast paced environment, be a fast learner and be able to handle several projects in parallel and follow through on expectations, with minimal supervision. Individual should be self-motivated, proactive in anticipating needs and thinking beyond the guidelines provided, and able to work independently and contribute as an effective team member. Accuracy and adherence to deadlines is essential.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Communicates with employees at all levels of the organization to gather or convey information.
- Screens phone calls, email, greets visitors and resolves routine and some complex inquiries.
- Maintains electronic calendars, scheduling meetings and activities, re-scheduling as needed. Prepares correspondence, memoranda, report, agendas, etc.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries
- Provides administrative support for day-to-day activities and long-term projects in the department.
- Develop and maintain electronic data and record keeping systems, using available technology maximizing hardware and software capabilities to facilitate workflow.
- Coordinates conference calls, videoconferences and other telecommunication requests; this would require thorough understanding of all telecommunication features.
- Daily communication with all levels of the organization. Continuous contact with external parties will be required to handle questions, resolve issues and provide information.
- Handles arrangements for all types and levels of meetings, internal and external.
- Follow up with meeting minutes, notes, action items, scheduling of subsequent meetings as required.
- Makings travel arrangements, working with travel coordinator to schedule flights, ground transportation, and accommodations.
- Prepares responses to mail of a routine nature for review and signature of appropriate personnel. Devising and submitting documents/memo's for review and signature, making copies as needed and handles mailing or distribution.
- Maintains existing electronic and hardcopy filing/record keeping systems, keeping them current, accurate and accessible to those who may need stored information.
- Handles sensitive information requiring a high degree of discretion and absolute confidentiality.
- Reconciles and maintains all expense reports in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ideal candidate could work between New York office and Basking Ridge office.
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Six or more years of administrative experience.
- Demonstrated experience problem-solving and dealing with complex, ambiguous situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Experience supporting a developing and dynamic department preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to parallel process and prioritize multiple tasks at the same time from various stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior level management and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills (i.e. for generating and editing memos).
- Highly skilled in managing calendars, email, filing, meeting setup and facilitating, and meeting minutes.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Prior experience communicating with high level staff and customers.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6751776-executive-assistant
• Post ID: 100520533 manhattan