The role of Commonfund Institute is to contribute measurably to Commonfund s vision to be the most influential asset manager to nonprofits and the public sector. The Institute is specifically responsible for: (1) conducting proprietary market research within the nonprofit sector; and (2) for communicating strategic insights on matters of governance and investment policy to trustees and investment staff of educational institutions, private foundations, nonprofit healthcare organization and public pension funds. Commonfund Institute publishes a broad range of white papers and web-based articles, and its Executive Director is a frequent spokesperson for the nonprofit sector. In addition, Commonfund Institute promotes best practices in investment policy design and execution through conference attendance and sponsorships as well as Commonfund-sponsored events.
This position could be located in either our Wilton, CT or NYC office.
The primary responsibilities of the Executive Director of Commonfund Institute include:
(1) Managing and producing various benchmark studies, including, the NACUBO|Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE); the Commonfund|National Business Officers Association (NBOA) Study of Independent Schools; the Commonfund|Council on Foundations Study of Foundations (CCSF); and the Commonfund Healthcare Study
(2) Conducting in-depth data analysis and reporting specific to the findings from the above studies with an emphasis on uncovering proprietary insights and learning for Commonfund s client and prospect markets
(3) Managing and overseeing the production of the annual Higher Education Price Index (HEPI)
(4) Publishing frequent topical white papers, web blog posts and insights that aid Commonfund clients and prospects along a broad spectrum of strategic governance, policy and investment issues
(5) Participating as a speaker in industry and Commonfund events that enhance Commonfund s brand as a leading asset management firm
(6) Designing and managing an annual 4-day nonprofit institute for 40-60 attendees on advanced principles of long-term asset management and governance best practices.
(7) Assisting Commonfund sales and relationship management teams on business prospecting and asset/client retention, specific to the insights generating from benchmarks studies and other research.
The Executive Director will also conduct additional original research on various topics identified throughout Commonfund on issues ranging from investment policies, practices and strategies to issues related to nonprofits and the public sector. The individual in this position will be responsible for working with both Commonfund staff and outside experts with the goal of writing articles and preparing presentations for his/herself and on behalf of senior staff based on such research.
• Post ID: 137419322 manhattan