Global Account Manager: United Nations
Location: New York, NY
At Vodafone we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Americas, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As we evolve into a truly digital company, Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE) partners with key multi-national organizations in the global economy. We support them to do ‘more with less’ by empowering their people to work flexibly, simply, and more efficiently. Across our global fixed networks, cloud-based hosting platforms, Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, technical expertise and professional services offerings, we can connect global organizations in a fast-changing world to ensure they stay agile and visionary– wherever in the world they do business. Are you ready to connect your career with us?
The Global Client Partner is accountable for the overall VGE relationship management with the U.N. globally across all of its organizations and entities. The role is focused on running the UN, World Bank, and NGO accounts to grow profitable and long-term revenue growth, build deep and trusting relationships with senior officials of the UN and other agencies and grow customer satisfaction. The role also requires the building of effective networks and relationships internally to ensure effective service delivery, assurance to protect renewal of existing business and identification of new sales opportunities
The GCP will work with a client-focused team of Regional and National Account Managers in the different VGE regions working within the commercial and support functions centrally and locally within regions.
1. Impact on the Business
- Ensures delivery of all financial targets including revenue, connections for voice , data and valuable solutions, market share and net margin contribution
- Establishes appropriate relationships with Vodafone customers and optimizes those relationships to win new business
- Ensures virtual team works collaboratively with all other functions within Vodafone to drive the VGE agenda and ensure alignment
- Works with OpCo corporate sales areas and customer fulfilment & delivery areas to make sure that international and national strategies are aligned, complementary and deliver to customers
2. Customers, Suppliers, and Third Parties
- Key company liaison who will develop strong one-to-one long term relationships with key decision makers/ influencers up to C Level.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with all United Nations agencies, not just those within the GAM’s personal portfolio of accounts
- Supports new product, services and mobile solutions into account. Works in partnership with Customer Fulfilment and pre and post sales areas to ensure seamless introduction of new product services and proposals to accounts
- Represents Vodafone at round tables and other networking events organised by the U.N. and other customer groups
3. Leadership and Teamwork
- Leads opportunities across nation,, regional and global account teams running the resources across bid management, solutions, finance and legal teams
- Ensures customer representation at key VGE sounding boards such as Customer Advisory Board (CAB) and other key hospitality events
- Introduces products & propositions to important decision makers by relationship and partner management at C-level.
- Decides quality levels, functionality and capability of services for specific customers; ensures Service Improvement Plans are followed-up upon and that NPS targets are met.
- In conjunction with Marketing develops a go-to-market strategy as indicated in Account Plan based on an appropriate understanding of customer situation, its needs, and industry trends.
4. Innovation and Change
- Acts as Voice of the Customer within VGE to ensure that customers views and needs influence our marketing mix including product / proposition
- Supported by Innovation Workshops, introduces new products and propositions to key decision makers within the customer through relationship & partner building at C level within all key customers. Understands up front through engagement at the right business level the customer’s strategic and operational issues.
- Actively participate in preparation of customer meetings designed for customer C level
- Liaise with VGE Senior Management as required for executive level sponsorship programme
- Participate in the organisation and briefing for senior Vodafone executives visiting the U.N.
- You possess successful global accounts/enterprise solution sales experience.
- You have demonstrated ability to influence at C-level
- You have experience working within an international and distributed team.
- You are able to travel 25% of the time, with occasional international travel.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working for a telecommunications company.
- You have several years’ sales experience in working with the United Nations or Humanitarian/Development sector.
- You can think strategically and drive sales transformation programs.
- You possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- You have deep knowledge of financial inclusion, mobile health, and mobile agriculture solutions.
- You have lived and worked abroad or worked in a global account management role for large amount of time.
What is the key to our success? It’s simple – our people. Across a Global footprint, we believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours. From our diverse workforce, our flexible working policies to our creative work spaces, we embrace a culture of learning and sharing to develop our next stage growth. It’s in our hearts to push forward, to invent a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate.
We are committed to developing the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized and rewarded. We respect, value and celebrate our people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. Our excellent flexible benefits program allows you to choose what’s right for you. Our Vodafone Foundation gives the ability for our employees to give something back. We embrace empowering our people to craft their world. That’s what we mean when we say Power to you.
It is the policy of Vodafone to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Unfortunately we cannot offer any relocation or visa support.
Click here for more info: https://vodafone.taleo.net/careersection/2a/jobdetail.ftl?job=000000182373&lang=en
• Post ID: 116648753 manhattan