Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
The Deloitte Global Strategy team is responsible for informing our strategies, developing corporate, business unit, and industry sector strategies, and helping to monitor strategy execution globally and across key businesses and geographies. The Global Strategy team uses rigorous fact-based, quantitative analysis to identify and prioritize strategic business issues for Deloitte, and works both top-down and bottoms-up across key business units and geographic regions to chart the strategic direction of the global network, global businesses and sectors, and member firms.
The Global Strategy Sr. Manager will work to manage corporate strategy projects that primarily focus on achieving leading positioning, growth, and/or performance across the Deloitte network. Projects could include any of Deloitte's businesses (Audit, Tax & Legal, Enterprise Risk Services, Financial Advisory, and Consulting) or client segments, industry sectors, geographies, or enabling areas. The Manager will have opportunities to interact with the most senior leaders in the organization and also assist in the execution of various special projects which have the potential to significantly impact our organization.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Manage complex projects with multiple work streams and multiple stakeholders; coordinate and facilitate strategy discussions with senior leaders
- Assist in defining project scope, recommending approaches, and managing execution of major strategic projects
- Help establish analytical frameworks to identify, prioritize, structure, and solve complex business problems
- Develop and apply appropriate methodologies for market segmentation and sizing, drive market trend and competitive landscape analysis, client portfolio analysis, business modeling, financial modeling, and operations analysis
- Manage secondary research to analyze the professional services marketplace to help senior leaders understand the market opportunity and Deloitte’s competitive position (successes, challenges, opportunities, and risks), globally and by geographic market, business, industry sector, and client segment, as needed
- Drive primary research including questionnaire design, structuring and developing research hypotheses, interview process, internal and external subject matter expert consultation, and development of overall findings
- Ensure the logic, accuracy, and appropriate scope of factbases with which to inform strategic analyses
- Synthesize results of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis into implications, key trends and/or recommendations
- Develop content for executive-level presentations and reports to communicate and achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations
- Develop content for and coordinate executive workshops and working sessions
- Oversee team to maintain comprehensive, accurate online repositories and network lists
- Provide ongoing support to the team leadership
- Manage small team of professionals and foster a positive work environment
- Take responsibility for developing the careers of junior team members, including acting as a counselor and coach to staff members and provide day-to-day oversight and management of 2-4 staff
- Provide guidance in staff recruitment and retention activities
- Develop effective cross-functional relationships in a multi-stakeholder environment
Education (degree): Undergraduate degree with rigorous analytical and quantitative focus; MBA from a top tier program Years of Experience: 8 + years. At least 8 years’ experience from a top tier strategy consulting firm or within a strategic planning/corporate development function in a global organization Technical Skills Excellent strategic thinker, with demonstrated strategic consulting or related experience in strategy development, competitive strategy, and scenario planning Superior PowerPoint and Excel skills required, relational database experience (e.g., Access, Cognos, SAP) a plus Strong quantitative skills, particularly managing and developing associates in this skill se Other Qualifications Advanced project management skills and demonstrated experience successfully managing a cross functional team Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative analyses into clear messages for the audience Advanced attention to detail Ability to be self-directed and manage engagements Proactive and results-oriented player who wants to help build a high performance team Collegial team player who can work in a small team environment Comfortable working in a global, matrixed environment High degree of endurance and flexibility to work through multiple iterations of work and quickly manage changing priorities and diverse subject matters Ability to deliver under pressure and provide informed responses to leadership in short timeframes Ability to handle sensitive leadership information with utmost confidentiality High degree of comfort working in an unstructured environment that requires solving complex, open-ended issues with incomplete data and little direction High degree of self-confidence, poise, maturity, discretion, diplomacy and empathy
Click here for more info: https://jobs2.deloitte.com/global/en/job/DELOA004X160785/Global-Strategy-Sr-Manager
• Post ID: 136185117 manhattan