The Head of Internal Communications AIG is responsible for the development, execution, and management of internal communications programs that strengthen employee engagement and ensure alignment with global business goals. The ideal candidate will act as a conduit between senior management and the employee population; partner with the businesses and functions to develop compelling content; effectively communicate company initiatives; and support the way AIG engages employees, using traditional and digital (including social) communication platforms. Knowledge and experience in a truly global environment are imperative. This position will report to the Chief Communications Officer, AIG.
The successful candidate will drive change by challenging the status quo, developing and implementing creative communications campaigns that engage, align and inspire our employees. They will find new and creative ways to position, write, and deliver appropriate messages that will deepen and evolve AIG’s relationship with its stakeholders. The candidate must have the ability to manage and motivate a team, navigate priorities, create and execute communications plans to achieve agreed. The individual will be a part of highly collaborative team that supports all aspects of communications for the company.
• Develop annual employee engagement strategy, and programs aimed at supporting AIG’s objectives, particularly employee engagement
• Provide strategic counsel to senior executives, and develop messaging and internal presentations for company updates, key initiatives, industry issues, and other topics
• Creatively conceive and lead communication programs and content strategy across multiple channels: intranet/online, social media, multimedia, video, print, newsletter, conferences, kick-off meetings and thematic events.
• Coordinate all internal communications efforts, including Change Management projects, internal videos and web casts, employee publications, translation and distribution of leadership messages, etc.
• Understands employee perceptions and advocate for plans to improve teamwork, collaboration and team spirit.
• Research industry trends (e.g., through networking, benchmarking, industry publications) to identify new methods for message delivery.
• Establish and track metrics that help correlate internal communications programs to employee productivity and organization performance.
• Highly proficient multi-tasking professional with exceptional creative and execution skills
• 10 – 15 years’ experience in communications, marketing, advertising, brand management and product development showing career progression and increased levels of responsibility
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; should be comfortable with public speaking and presenting information to internal and external audiences
• Track record of success in delivering high quality work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Demonstrated team leadership skills with proven ability to lead, motivate and gain commitment and results from direct reports and staff
• Should be a self-starter and strategic thinker with the ability to quickly prioritize and synthesize information for use with multiple audiences
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• BA and international company experience.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.