What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Experience Team is a new internal group tasked with evolving the Verizon customer experience across all channels and touchpoints through the design and implementation of innovative products and services that customers love.
Working from a newly designed studio space at 140 West Street, the team is assembling the brightest designers, design strategists, researchers, and product managers to collaborate within teams shaping the most important touch points across the customer journey.
About this role
As a Project Management Lead you will assist cross-disciplinary teams with project planning and resourcing to support the delivery of innovative, brand-defining product and service experiences. One in three Americans uses Verizon services, so your work will have meaningful impact at a massive scale.
Work will span the design process, from front end design definition to agile development and implementation. Throughout the process, you’ll serve as a key coordinator of design operations, working closely with design and product management leads to prioritize efforts, plan key meetings, and maintain efficient ways of working.
You’ll play a lead role in shaping a growing design operations practice, codifying new internal practices, and ensuring design teams have the tools and processes to do their best work.
What you’ll be doing:
- Shape problem-solving, collaboration, and communication processes with design and product management leads.
- Define the scope, plan, deliverables, and budget of design efforts.
- Maintain clear task lists, issue tracking, status reports, and meeting notes to deliver results that meet design and business goals within budget and timeline.
- Maintain detailed awareness of design efforts and documentation, serving as a primary point of contact and responsive go-to for business, IT, and design stakeholders.
- Evaluate, improve, and standardize tools and processes.
- Work with design team to understand roadmaps, backlogs, and activity forecasting and offer a point of view on resourcing and work prioritization.
- Plan and facilitate meetings, design reviews, and conference calls to effectively define requirements and present design work.
- Support the team with program-related travel and expenses.
- Assist with recruiting and management of contractors as needed.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in project management or production, including experience deploying digital products.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience developing project plans and managing project budgets and roadmaps.
- Experience serving as point person on teams with multiple stakeholders.
- Rigorous organization, management, analytical, and numeracy skills.
- Comfort managing concurrent projects in a fast-based, results-driven environment.
- Equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution.
- Agile certification and/or experience working in an Agile product development methodology.
- Ability to work out of New York office with some work days in Basking Ridge, NJ and/or Piscataway, NJ.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8010456-marketing-project-management-lead
• Post ID: 136690307 manhattan