What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be ensuring that analytics drive continuous business improvements, bringing more profitable growth and an even better customer experience. You’ll define the analytics strategy and champion that strategy across the business, in order to create buy-in for data-driven decision making. Your end goal is to recommend improvements that will go straight to the bottom line, by helping us serve our customers. Because here, better matters.
- Partnering with others to understand business challenges.
- Designing creative approaches to uncover the biggest opportunities for cost and time savings.
- Defining and driving the analytics strategy and modeling approaches.
- Building business cases and translating findings into practical business implications.
- Driving the adoption of analytics in decision making.
Analytical Work Management:
Hands on active participation in analytical projects delivering improvements in decision-making and business strategies via advanced analysis.
Working in close collaboration with IV&O partners to leverage expertise in data management, advanced modeling, scoring etc...
Participating in the design, implementation and interpretation of advanced multi-factor experiments to evolve current single factor testing approach.
Preparing presentations and documentations of complex statistical concepts and research results to be shared with non-statistical audience.
Helping foster a continuous test & learn culture and process - i.e. rapid cycle learning.
Developing strong relationships with business partners to transform the role of analytics in decision making moving from a decision support role to decision guidance role (analytics as partner not as support function)
- Building strong cross-functional relationships and become a recognized subject matter expert.
Learning and Development:
- Continually broaden and strengthen knowledge of analytical methods, vendors and tools.
- Participating inknowledge/best practice sharing opportunities.
What we’re looking for...
You are a master at analyzing big data. You thrive in an environment where enormous volumes of data are generated at rapid speed. You’re a creative thinker who likes to explore and uncover the issues. You are decisive. Communicating what you’ve uncovered in a way that can be easily understood by others is one of your strengths. You are great at influencing up, down, and across groups.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of equivalent experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in applying statistical ideas and methods to data sets to answer business problems.
- Experience with visual science or dashboard design principles.
Even better if you have:
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science, or economics.
- Experience with Tableau or similar visual analysis tool, optimization, analytics and large data sets, developing visually compelling interactive dashboards.
- Project management experience.
- Strong understanding of database concepts (Oracle, MS SQL, generic SQL, etc.).
- Strong understanding of data warehouse and data lake architecture (Teradata, Hadoop).
- Good understanding of third party analytic tools.
- Experience with general purpose programming languages (Java, .Net, Python, Perl, etc.).
- Experience with shell scripting tools in Windows, Linux/Unix is a plus.
- Experience with data aggregating tools such as SPLUNK is a plus.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6747506-predictive-analytics-manager
• Post ID: 99805748 manhattan