This internship position, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of the 10 week experience.
You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Product and New Business Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. You'll learn from the best minds in the industry and improve your product management knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
• Use your skills in impactful projects, meetings and presentations to senior leadership.
• Gain knowledge of daily business operations.
• Attend learning programs and training sessions.
• Participate in networking activities with other interns, professionals and business leaders.
• Manage your projects while constantly being challenged to generate smart solutions.
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
• Product Design
• Product Management
• Product Marketing
• Strategy & Market Research
• Market Intelligence
• Data Analytics
• Current enrollment in a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, or Economics at an accredited college or university, with an expected completion date between December, 2017 and June, 2020.
• Experience with MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Ideally, you'll also have:
• A GPA of 3.2 or higher.
• Proficiency in one or more of the following areas: Competitive analysis, customer requirements analytics/management and product management – pricing, positioning, requirements, distribution, marketing & launch, market research.
• Knowledge of either consumer or enterprise products & market.
• Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
• Strong technical knowledge.
• Strong analytic, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us:
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We're also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/5716889-product-management-internship-summer-2017