What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, our goal is to dramatically improve the quality of life for people living in cities around the world and simultaneously increase the quality and efficiency in the way cities operate. It’s not just about smart city technology, connectivity or applications. It starts with a maniacal focus on the people who live in cities and their basic needs, hopes and desires. Verizon interacts daily with millions of people. We use that contact as a foundation to help shape a city environment that best serves the needs of its inhabitants.
The Smart Communities and Venues Division (SCV) of Verizon is seeking a Hardware Development Program Manager based in NYC or Basking Ridge NJ. The person in this newly created role will be responsible for program management of a multi-disciplinary cross-functional team building a highly complex interactive outdoor hardware product.
- Develop and manage project schedules with engineering teams and communicate project status (Technical and Program) to stakeholders & upper management;
- Work closely with project team members on vendor and equipment interactions, testing, performance characterization and regulatory certification;
- Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies, and facilitate conflict resolution;
- Manage deliverables from external HW & SW development partners and ensure tight co-ordination of HW & SW components;
- Develop & manage project budgets & staffing requirements;
- Lead the project team through typical Phase Gate delivery process (planning, execution, validation, delivery);
- Coordinate & ensure compliance with change control procedures;
- Coordinate readiness & delivery of intermediate and final production systems to internal groups and external customers
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in hardware or technology-based program or project management.
- Hardware development or manufacturing experience.
- Willingness to travel regularly within the NYC/NJ area.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technology field.
- Ten or more years of combined experience in hardware or technology-based program or project management and hardware development or manufacturing experience.
- Experience building integrated systems with components from many vendors.
- Experience with product life cycle, processes and tools for project planning.
- Experience creating & managing project plans, release schedules & budgets.
- Development partner management (ie managing external development team deliveries).
- Experience handling change management.
- A team player with good negotiation skills and builds bridges across different functional groups.
- Strong analytical skills for vetting project issues and cross-team logistical challenges.
- Strong organization skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Experience with communication at the executive level – clear, concise, recommending solutions.
- Experience with outdoor, interactive kiosks or similar products.
- Experience with products having complex installation requirements.
- Experience with large outdoor technology enclosures.
- Networking technical expertise.
- PMP certification.
- Agile scrum or Agile-like release experience.
- IoT or Cloud software experience.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7945163-program-manager-hardware-development
• Post ID: 136689372 manhattan