What you’ll be doing...
Want to be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player? We’re bringing together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint. The Verizon Experience Team is a new internal group tasked with evolving the Verizon customer experience across all channels and touchpoints through the design and implementation of innovative products and services that customers love.
As a data analytics expert in that team, your playground is made of very diverse data sources, big data for sure, and cutting edge software combining open sources and commercial tools.
Reporting to the newly created Director of Customer Experience Effectiveness, the Senior Manager will participate in the development of the framework to measure end to end experience effectiveness and lead the hands on work ensuring its delivery. The role offers management responsibilities orchestrating the work of a very hands-on team tasked in identifying, accessing, analyzing and sharing data critical to measure the impacts of experiences & journeys. To that end, the candidate must have a passion for details and possess the technical experience and abilities to guide the work of data analysts. In addition, the role requires close collaboration with the other experience effectiveness managers and the team’s Director for various experiences & journeys projects.
Specifically, this role will:
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of the Verizon Experience Effectiveness Analytics & Optimization framework in conjunction with the experience effectiveness managers and the team’s Director.
- Act as a technical leader within the Customer Experience Effectiveness team on a wide range of analytics/data projects from reporting and ad-hoc requests to large-scale cross-functional engagements
- Lead the work of a team of technical resources to deliver the defined framework while supporting specific projects by:
- Leading the development and maintenance of the infrastructure/architecture from complex datasets across multiple platforms
- Implementing solutions for improving data accessibility and quality
- Fostering a continuous test & learn culture and process - i.e. rapid cycle learning.
- Ensure that projects are prioritized and aligned to clear and important business objectives defined in partnership with other experience effectiveness managers and the team’s Director.
- In addition to developing overall team and individual team members' competencies, strive to establish a positive reputation within the Verizon analytics community.
- Work in close collaboration with partners in IT, external consultants and other functions across VZ to leverage existing expertise/solutions in data management, dash-boarding, advanced modeling, scoring.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing analytical talents.
- Experience developing engagements and partnerships with partners.
- Data management, analysis and visualization including knowledge of BI/BA platforms and visualization tools.
- Experience with structured and unstructured data and statistical techniques (e.g., sampling, clustering, modeling)
- Experience programing/scripting/coding (SQL, SaS, Python, R …) and knowledge of relational database.
Even better if you have:
- Advanced degree in Economics, Math, Operational Research, Statistics, Computer Science, MIS or related field.
- Experience managing analytical talents to identify, prioritize, design, develop and implement analytical solutions.
- Experience developing solid engagements and partnerships with partners to facilitate and accelerate the adoption of analytics in decision making.
- Experience working in the Consumer/Retail space within the Financial Services, Telecommunications, Technology, other related mass market industries, orPublic Policy, Bio-statistics and Scientific Research industries.
- Exposure to or knowledge of Human Centered design principles and digital product or experience management.
- A passion for educating and communicating with analytical talents and sharing findings and insights with integrity to all levels.
- High level of curiosity and investigative mind-set with an attention to detail, a tenacity of thought, the flexibility to adapt to new challenges and the resiliency to overcome short-term hurdles by staying focused on the team's deliverables.
- An appetite for improvement of our analytical products and processes built on a solid foundation of a lifelong love of learning.
- Demonstrated aptitude to listen and focus on getting the task done.
- Experience mentoring and developing high-performance individuals and teams.
- Capacity for quickly learning and using widely available tools and methodologies.
- An Interest in Wireless industry/technology.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2416406-senior-customer-experience-effectiveness-manager
• Post ID: 158595307 manhattan