What you’ll be doing...
This role is a blend of marketing, consulting, and predictive analytics. The Data Analytics Senior Manager is an integral part of the Marketing Effectiveness team and is tasked with managing a team of analytic specialists that will design and develop the necessary processes to deliver high quality insights that enable Verizon to improve how marketing investments impact business results. You will work closely with marketing functions including media, brand/creative, and consumer insights along with business teams, financial planning & analysis, and external partners to proactively design, develop and manage efforts from end-to-end. The end goal is to ensure strategic and tactical marketing decisions are informed by data-driven insights.
- Manage and provide guidance to a team of 4 to 8 individuals to design/build/implement day-to-day processes, including data identification & collection, design, construction, implementation & maintenance of analytic frameworks, marketing mix model development, implementation & maintenance, as well as interpretation and presentation of findings.
- Build a best-in-class analytical roadmap that obtains both short-term and long-term objectives required to be a center of analytic excellence.
- Work with Marketing Effectiveness leaders to determine business needs and objectives, and then design and complete analytical processes/solutions, in order to derive insights that can address stakeholders’ stated objectives.
- Develop both standardized and innovative tools to help facilitate the adoption of analytics among stakeholder groups across the marketing spectrum, from planning to execution.
- Lead in the design, implementation and interpretation of advanced multi-factor experiments to aid marketing decisions.
- Lead the team efforts in delivering improvements in decision-making and business strategies via advanced analysis including Marketing mix, clustering, segmentation, point estimation, design experiments.
- Present complex statistical concepts and research results to non-statistical audience.
- Continually broaden and strengthen knowledge of analytical methods, vendors and tools.
- Help foster a continuous test & learn culture and process - i.e. rapid cycle learning.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience designing, developing, maintaining and interpreting complex analytical techniques and insights.
- Experience developing engagements with business partners.
- Experience with SAS and R programming language and software environments.
Even better if you have:
- A Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics or related field with 7 or more years of experience in business analytics.
- Proven analytical skills in understanding and interpreting quantitative data, constructing marketing mix models, providing clear output to identify trends, interpret findings, draw insights, and formulate recommendations.
- Experience managing analytical talents to identify, prioritize, design, develop and implement advanced analytical solutions to complex business problems/opportunities in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience developing solid engagements with business partners to facilitate and accelerate the adoption of analytics in decision making.
- Experience making trade-offs to deliver effective solutions to business partners in a timely fashion.
- Focus on accurate and timely results delivery by overcoming obstacles through the development of mechanisms and tools to improve efficiencies.
- Knowledge of Python.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2422920-senior-data-analytics-manager
• Post ID: 158595107 manhattan