- Intensively read and reflect on a wide range of business and technology news sources, collect “signals” of emerging trends, and “connect the dots” to suggest patterns of potentially important trends that merit further study
- Select and apply research and analysis methods relevant to the topic at hand, which may include academic literature review, expert interviews, analysis of venture capital investment data or other data sets
- Structure, organize and synthesize information to develop key insights
- Write high-quality briefs targeted at an executive audience based on insights and findings from your research and analysis and input from colleagues
- Build effective working relationships with subject matter experts within and outside the firm
- Work as an individual contributor is mixed with occasional management of small projects staffed by two or three professionals
- Help team with time management, prioritization, project management
- Ensure consistent timely delivery of high-quality work by each team member
- Identify and address development and training needs, mapping career paths, and overall eliciting the best possible performance from each team member
- Carefully read, edit, and provide detailed feedback on team members’ draft deliverables
- Ensure compliance with team and firm best practices, including adherence to templates and guidelines
- Provide timely, detailed, insightful feedback on team members’ research tactics and strategies; client interaction/speaking abilities; writing and document organization; use of data; analysis and argument
The US Innovation group supports the firm’s strategic innovation goals. US Innovation focuses on sensing emerging trends and incubating breakthrough technologies and service delivery platforms. The group also works with the executive teams of the US firm and its four businesses to help set, shape, achieve – and then refresh - innovation strategies. This is a critical part of Deloitte’s overall growth strategy and supports the firm’s goal being recognized as the most innovative professional services firm.
Qualifications Nine-plus years of experience, of which least five years in industry research, or business/technology journalism Master’s degree from a reputed school Experience in a professional services or technology firm will be an advantage Skills Passion for emerging technologies such as cognitive computing, the Internet of Things, block chain, and emerging business practices such as the collaborative/sharing economy, social commerce, data-based business models Knowledge of the U.S. market, business practices, and technology sectors Excellent understanding of key trends and issues in at least two industries besides the technology industry such as financial services, consumer products, or energy Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills Facility with strategy analytical frameworks such as SWOT, Porter five forces, value chain, growth-share matrix Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability structure an extended written argument How you’ll grow At Deloitte, we’ve invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities—including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. DU: The Leadership Center in India, our state-of-the-art, world-class learning Center in the Hyderabad offices is an extension of the Deloitte University (DU) in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to our people’s growth and development. Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India Benefits At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte’s culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
• Post ID: 96328753 manhattan