Strategic Product Planning Manager and Chief of Staff - Media and Telematics - Verizon (New York, NY)
What you’ll be doing...
We are the Entertainment Product Strategy and Innovation team within Verizon. We sit in the Media and Telematics division, which is focused on scaling and growing our portfolio of new businesses across media and entertainment, advertising, telematics, and the internet of things.
Our team is tasked with identifying significant growth opportunities, and driving the vision for the future business models and experiences for Verizon. We sit at the intersection between Corporate Strategy, corporate development, Verizon Ventures, Technology, and the Customer & Product Operations teams. We work cross-functionally to deliver results and ensure the success of strategic initiatives.
In this Strategic Planning & Business Development role, you will have responsibility for delivering critical strategic projects that will define Verizon’s strategy across multiple segments of the Media and Entertainment industry. Top candidates will demonstrate a forward-thinking view of the media industry, a clear understanding of consumer and competitive trends, and how Verizon will navigate these to deliver the promise of the digital world to consumers. Additionally, this particular role will spend time in a chief of staff role, helping the broader team project manage and communicate out status and output across the team.
In this role, you will have responsibility for leading projects and work-streams to deliver:
- Competitive analysis
- Scenario planning
- Framework creation for decision making
- Market opportunity analysis
- Business modeling
- Value chain analysis
- Build/Buy/Partner analysis
- Partner engagement
- M&A support
This role is not a typical strategy role as it will be highly collaborative with product management, concept studio, Ventures, and corporate development. We are seeking someone with a creative bent and passion around technology and innovation.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- BA/BSC from top tier university, MBA preferred
- Previous experience in a technology or innovation-focused media company
- Three or more years of experience focus on entertainment and media at a top-tier consulting firm, in-house strategy group, or investment bank
- Experience with financial modeling, M&A evaluations, business analysis
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem solving with special ability to build structured quantitative and qualitative analyses; sound business judgment and problem framing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a natural tendency to “question the status quo”
- Ability to maturely manage the confidential nature of M&A discussions
- Proven ability to visually communicate and a solid command of MS PowerPoint.
- Drive for results
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to influence without direct management authority
- Executive presentation/communication experience
- Visual communication skills
- Passion for technology and avid pursuer of new trends
- Strong collaborative skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven success coaching and growing employees
- Creative problem solving
The position is based in our New York City office overlooking Bryant Park, but will require monthly travel to Basking Ridge, NJ and occasional travel elsewhere.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
• Post ID: 99805503 manhattan