The Manager of Workforce Performance is responsible for the leading and execution of both skills and leadership development programs across Verizon Consumer Markets. This includes the strategy, design and development of our internal programs with a heavy emphasis on digital methods and technologies. This person will also program manage end-to-end support for key programs to employees.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORKFORCE PERFORMANCE:
- Translate objectives for key program launches/process changes into learning initiatives, by thinking strategically about launch components, current performance, and necessary changes in behavior.
- Lead, create, recommend and design strategy for leadership development initiatives and skills based program training programs based on business priorities and requirements. This includes needs assessment, content design sessions and operational execution plans.
- Design/develop training tactics which will vary by project, but may include: engaging eLearing, micro-learning, video-based learning, and blended learning approaches for instructor and virtual instructor led training.
- Development of leader/participant guides, sales aids, storyboards, traditional/video scripting, skill practices, role plays, reference materials, etc.
- Program/project management – Includes all operational elements of skills based programs assigned to lead. Responsibilities may include, program content development, updates, skills based feedback sessions, scheduling across entire footprint, reporting statistics, analysis of program success, project updates to executive leadership – cross channel teams.
- Delivery of skill based training programs to frontline employees and leadership teams. Pre/post training follow ups as planned with program participants.
- Prepare field trainers to effectively deliver the content and conducting post-launch reviews to assess effectiveness and create/execute strategies for addressing any opportunity areas identified.
- Partner with HR leaders to support the deployment of corporate learning programs within the Consumer Markets organization
- Ensure consistency of training policies and procedures.
- Lead the design and delivery of post-program follow-up support tools/processes.
- Identify and ensure tools or procedures in place for program measurement.
- Develop cross-functional partnerships to ensure ongoing credibility and accountability
Required Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3+ years learning and development experience
- 3-5 years of expereince in graphic and interactive web/media design
- Detailed experience in video design and development
- Minimum 3-5 years of project development or management experience preferred
- Understanding of adult learning principles
- Exceptional communication skills required
- Strategic and analytical thinker who can collect and analyze data to make appropriate process/business decisions/recommendations
- Self-starter that learns and adapts quickly to new systems, software and hardware
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive and flexible
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Analyze skill and knowledge gaps in order to serve as an expert on organizational development needs
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the industry within the competitive landscape
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven ability to lead multi-functional program / project teams
- Consumer Market call center experience
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict and bring about resolution
- Location: Basking Ridge, NJ preferable, otherwise within a primary Verizon Consumer Markets center (MD, VA, PA, NY, MA)
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6663494-workforce-performance-manager
• Post ID: 96647526 manhattan