Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 4:50 PM
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. Were making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
To ensure that proper aquatic care and husbandry is being provided to our aquatic life in the store. Act as the primary resource in their assigned store regarding all aquatic life education and care. The position will also be responsible for the achievement of the store's budgeted sales goals by driving sales in the aquatic life areas. This will be accomplished by effectively assisting customers in the proper selection of aquatic life and merchandise in accordance with their specific needs. This position will receive day to day direction and coaching from the Companion Animal Department Manager. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that are covered by operational guidelines. Individual judgment is occasionally required to complete assigned tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Have a strong interest in animal welfare and possess a high level of knowledge of aquatic life care and husbandry.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
- Be comfortable and proficient handling and caring for aquatic life of various types and species
- Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes such as caring for aquatic life, maintaining proper water quality, setting up an maintaining displays and merchandise kits for sale and placing aquatic life orders
- Maintain honesty and integrity in the work area
- Move merchandise up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although customer carryouts and veterinarian visits will require that an employee leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from not following procedures. Ability and willingness to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and flexibility in scheduling of work hours including evenings and weekends to meet store needs.
In addition to a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED), an applicant must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the areas of mathematics and basic accounting relationships and exhibit exceptional communication skills.
Minimum of one year of experience working with and/or caring for aquatic life, both freshwater and saltwater is required for this position. Qualified applicants will possess a high level of knowledge of aquatic life care and an aptitude fo
• Location: Manhattan
• Post ID: 110837663 manhattan