Role Title: Assistant General Counsel – Disputes and Corporate Affairs
Location: New York, NY
At Vodafone we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Americas, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As we evolve into a truly digital company, Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE) partners with key multi-national organizations in the global economy. We support them to do ‘more with less’ by empowering their people to work flexibly, simply, and more efficiently. Across our global fixed networks, cloud-based hosting platforms, Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, technical expertise and professional services offerings, we can connect global organizations in a fast-changing world to ensure they stay agile and visionary– wherever in the world they do business. Are you ready to connect your career with us?
· **Advise Group Enterprise and Americas management teams and lead legal teams on all matters relating to Enterprise global disputes.
· **Advise Americas management team and lead legal strategy for regional and country-specific disputes and litigation, employment and HR matters and property issues.
· **Advisor to the Americas Foundation board of directors and head of the Americas Foundation.
· **Act as Chief Privacy Office for Vodafone Americas and ensure that data privacy requirements are met regionally and locally and work with Group Enterprise Chief Privacy Officer.
· **Advise and support the VUSI GRC program in developing and implementing appropriate policies, training and control mechanisms to deliver world class privacy, disputes and litigation, and employment support
1. 1. Global Enterprise Disputes
a. Develop and execute on the strategy to manage/resolve disputes with global Enterprise customers.
b. Lead a cross-functional team, including sales, commercial in life and CPS, in support of the execution of the strategy and resolution of the dispute with the customer.
c. Manage ongoing disputes and potential disputes to ensure timely and strategic advice is provided to Group Enterprise and Americas management teams.
d. Advise on potential risk transfer and risk mitigation options for individual and collective global disputes.
2. Americas Disputes and Litigation
a. Manage all US potential and pending commercial and employment litigation as well as material tax litigation, controversies and audit defense
b. Ownership for development and execution of effective litigation strategies
c. Effective management of external counsel and budget
d. Effective litigation preparedness
e. Advise on potential risk transfer and risk mitigation options for individual and collective global disputes
3. Employment and HR Matters
a. Employee relations, including development of an effective training, performance and management framework to guide and support HR and management teams in connection with employee relations
b. Member of the Enterprise commission review board to ensure appropriate risk-based decisions and as a representative of the Enterprise Americas region
c. Employment matters, including onboarding, operational, performance, disciplinary and termination issues
d. Benefit plans, including ERISA and Group compliance, benefit offerings and benefit plan fiduciary requirements
4. Privacy Officer: Americas
a. Responsible for advice, support and compliance with applicable data privacy rules and regulations.
b. Work with Group Enterprise Privacy Officer to ensure smooth and seamless protection of employee and customer data.
c. Work with Americas’ operations and technology teams to ensure data privacy requirements are built into our processes and products from the outset, and monitor and maintain operations to ensure ongoing compliance with data privacy requirements
5. Litigation Preparedness
a. Ownership for development and execution of effective litigation strategies
b. Effective management of external counsel and budget
c. Risk transfer and mitigation options
d. Document retention policy, monitoring of policy adherence and document management, storage and maintenance
6. Vodafone Americas Foundation
a. Grant-making activity and adherence to the Foundation’s charter and applicable non-profit laws, including specifically self-dealing limitations
b. Employee programs
c. Vendor contracts
d. Governance and compliance training for the Foundation Board of Directors and Foundation employees
a. Advise and negotiate property issues and agreements as required
b. Advise and support HR and IT teams around health and safety, disaster recovery and business continuity
- JD required
- Minimum 8 years experience: a combination of law firm and in-house experience preferred
- Experience in employment law and HR required
- Experience in telecommunications preferred
- Polished, professional, comfortable speaking to and interacting with corporate executives and regulators
- Excellent analytical and writing skills and an ability to effectively communicate in writing to executives, senior stakeholders, and regulators
- Commercial savvy and sophistication, with an understanding of the client's risk tolerances
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, results oriented
Click here for more info: https://vodafone.taleo.net/careersection/2a/jobdetail.ftl?job=000000185004&lang=en
• Post ID: 116648868 manhattan